Search This Blog

Monday, November 12, 2012

True Colors

I got my MOPS fix today.  What a fun morning with some wonderful ladies!  We learned a lot about each other with a fun ice breaker activity and had a wonderful talk given to us by Beth Welmaker, the same lady who spoke at church last Saturday.   She had some really interesting stuff to share with us today about our personalities.

I've taken TONS of personality quizzes and assessments, but the one Beth had us take today seemed to peg me better than any other test I've ever taken.  It was pretty incredible the way it was able to not only see ourselves in a different light, but see others gifts as well.

According to today's True Color's Inventory, I am a curious GREEN.  People who score in this category tend to be inventive, creative, curious, and trust fact and logic.  They have a desire for autonomy, a need to be appreciated for my knowledge, tend to be socially diverted, need to be able to ask questions, and like to be competent and rational.

I wasn't so sure I fit the mold when the description was CURIOUS green, as I don't think of myself as curious but the defining characteristics fit me pretty well.  I like high achievement--I couldn't wait to get my masters degree.  I like personal achievement--I wanted to get a PR in my half marathon.  I am studying to get a fitness nutrition certification.  I like to meet challenges--sign me up for the next 5k!  I like solving problems--my to-do list gets crossed off pretty quickly; I am task-oriented.

I have some drawbacks though too.  Things need to be logical for me to want to accept them.  If it doesn't make sense to me, I ask A LOT of questions.  Some people can't stand this!  I need time to think.  I have a hard time making quick decisions.  This drives people crazy too.  I am not detail-oriented.  My graphic design husband and I look at the world with VERY different eyes.  I think it makes things fun...maybe it drives him crazy?!

According to the study, the "green" people are good at problem-solving, we are big-picture analysts, and have a hang-in-there attitude.  I found it interesting that the other military wife in the group was "green" as well.

The other categories were Action Orange--the adventurous, bold, exciting types.  Solid Gold--the responsible, dependable, rule-following ones. And True Blue--the harmonious, caring, authentic, encouraging ones.

I googled it to find out more and came across the resource in case you want to try it out yourself.  It can be found here.  Might be fun to try it out on your husband.  It's always good to know not only your own personality and needs, but those of your spouse as well.  You might be surprised at what you find out.  I know I was.

She left us with this illustration, which again, I was able to track down with google...


A well-known speaker started off his seminar by holding up a $20 bill. In the room of 200, he asked, "Who would like this $20 bill?"
Hands started going up.
He said, "I am going to give this $20 to one of you but first let me do this."
He proceeded to crumple the dollar bill up. He then asked, "Who still wants it?" Still the hands were up in the air.
"Well," he replied, "What if I do this?" And he dropped it on the ground and started to grind it into the floor with his shoe. He picked it up, now all crumpled and dirty.
"Now who still wants it?" Still the hands went into the air.
"My friends, you have all learned a very valuable lesson. No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value. It was still worth $20.
Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way. We feel as though we are worthless. But no matter what has happened or what will happen, you will never lose your value in God's eyes. To Him, dirty or clean, crumpled or finely creased, you are still priceless to Him. Psalm 17:8 states that God will keep us 'as the apple of His eye.'"
The worth of our lives come not in what we do or who we are, but by WHOSE WE ARE!
- See more at: http://www.dare2share.org/devotions/how-much-am-i-worth/#sthash.8sWV3Tqy.dpuf

I hope it makes you feel as good as it made this green gal feel.  :-)  No matter what color you are, God loves you and made you in his image.  He loves you!

Speaking of green, check out my cuties snacking on their green guacamole and having a dance party.  We had such a fun afternoon yesterday watching the air show from our back yard.  We overcame our jet fear this weekend.  Phew!







In workout news, it's week 4 of the Best Body Bootcamp.  Woo hoo!  Yesterday, Before our little dance party, while the boys were napping, I did today's workout to try to get a jump start on the week.  It's looking to be a bit of a crazy one.  I LOVE Tina's ladder workouts and will be continuing that technique even when boot camp is over.  I've got some of that good muscle soreness today thanks to her challenging workouts.  Since I got the weights in yesterday, today just calls for cardio.  My plan is to get some intervals in on the elliptical today.

Have a fabulous day!


No comments:

Post a Comment