Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

What a Morning!

Tuesdays are my busiest day of the week.  I was a little nervous going into the day after a restless night of very little sleep, but so far things are going smoothly.  Nothing a little coffee can't help, right?

Every Tuesday morning,  I lead Story Time at Blue Door...

Thanks, Elizabeth, for the photo

...we had a great turnout this morning.  There was no wind so the bubbles were PERFECT if I may say so myself.  The kids were great listeners for our two stories as well.  We read...

and...

I love the rhyming and the compromise message of Catfish Kate, by Sarah Weeks.  Baa-Choo is a silly story about a sheep that's having trouble sneezing.  With lots of colds going around, it seemed fitting.  It's pretty silly too.  It seems like any book that involves great rhymes, dynamic pictures, and animals is a winner in these kids' books.

After Story Time, we head off to our music class with Miss Rabe.  The boys are really getting comfortable with music class and I've been amazing with their progress.  They have learned so much is just a short time.  I can't say enough good things about Miss Rabe and the class we are involved in.  I think I might love it even more than the boys do.

Mason couldn't get enough of drumming on the tambourine.

Lizards in the boxes.  SO fun!

Colton has his lizard crawl up the wall, just like the song says.

After music class, it's lunch time!  The boys devoured chicken, apples, mac 'n cheese and brown sugar carrots.  They are definitely going through a growth spurt!  I was doing pretty good on my vegan kick but I did indulge in the exact same lunch they did.  I was too lazy to prep something different for myself.  I'm not gonna lie.  It was YUMMY!  I can't be perfect all the time. At least it was all organic...

Next up on the agenda is tutoring.  The boys played so well with their blocks while I taught a little math.  Now it's nap time for the boys and it's blog and study time for me.  I'm loving my fitness nutrition course but am glad I got my degrees done before kiddos.  Balancing mothering and studying is tough!  All you mommas who work and go to school too are AMAZING!  I don't know how you do it all.

I'm hoping to squeeze in my best body boot camp workout later this afternoon.  I'm not gonna lie...I'm dreading the isometric holds.  It's my least favorite exercise technique from the challenge so far.  At least this is the last one...I think.  I'm actually a little tempted to save it for tomorrow and spend some more time with these cool dudes...

Mason

Colton

We'll see what the afternoon brings.  Looking forward to some fun with friends tonight...

If you haven't already, check out my friend's blog-- mrs.not.so.perfect.  She's got some awesome insights on there...completely different than my journaling style.  Hope you enjoy it; I sure do!





2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out Rachel!!!! I listed your blog as one I follow and I know will be referring to it for all things health, exercise and cute twin boys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Maybe one day we can go to blogging retreats together!

    ReplyDelete