Search This Blog

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Starting Off the Weekend Right

We hit the road running last night to start our weekend off right and the fun hasn't stopped...


Slow and easy...needed to work out some muscle soreness.  It felt good.  

It was gorgeous out for a change so we took advantage of it and included a stop at the park...


The boys get more and more adventurous every time we go.  They're also getting more adventurous in the pool...still cautious, but having more fun finally...



It was the perfect way to cool down after that run.  How cute are their little speedos??  

Since it was way more fun to be outside than in the kitchen, I stuck with the lazy theme of the day and enjoyed leftover chili and pineapple picked fresh from our yard. 



The whole pineapple is already gone...YUM!!!!  It's like candy in this house :-)

We finished our night with the Tigger Movie...


...what a sweet little movie.  I highly recommend it if you've got little ones.

Our morning got off to a bit of a lazy start, perfect for a Saturday.  It included two lazy cups of coffee, one black and one with coconut milk...I prefer the coconut milk version but I keep trying to convince myself I like it black.  Then it was breakfast time.  My breakfast on Day 26 of my Whole30 experiment looks pretty much like every other breakfast I've eaten this month...
  

Eggs over easy with LOTS of hot sauce, some sauteed spinach and 1/2 an avocado...I had some grapes and pineapple too.  

Once we got ourselves out the door, it was go time.  Our first stop was Lowes for a little building project...


The boys are pretty darn proud of their boxes and have been playing with them all morning.  Of course we had to stop by the tractors on the way out of the store...


Our next stop was the library for a fantastic drum circle...


Once again, the library made us smile!  What a great event...and FREE too!!  Once the boys tired of drumming, they moved on to dancing...


After a quick stop at Publix for the juice we forgot to buy yesterday, we headed home for lunch...the chili is finally gone.  :-)  

Now the boys are napping, my curry is simmering...


...and I'm heading out to relax by the pool with my kindle.  I have a feeling we'll be spending the rest of the day out there.  Good thing dinner is done and ready when we are...











No comments:

Post a Comment