Search This Blog

Monday, November 5, 2012

Fresh Start

Today is a new day, a fresh start, and things are looking up!  Thank goodness.  The boys woke up happy and I was able to get a good night's sleep as well.  That combo makes for a much better start to the day.  We enjoyed some banana protein pancakes before loading up the stroller to head to the gym.

My banana protein pancakes are made by combing the following in a bowl:

  • 2 small bananas
  • 2 scoops Vanilla SunWarrior Protein Powder
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1/4 cup oatbran
  • 2 T flaxseed
  • Enough almond milk to get the consistency of pancake batter
  • 1 pinch of cinnamon
I blend it all together using my immersion blender and then cook the cakes up on my griddle just like regular pancakes.  It's super easy and super healthy.  My boys love them too! I enjoyed mine topped with natural peanut butter and a splash of real maple syrup.  Pair with a steaming cup of coffee, it was the perfect start to my day.

Speaking of coffee, I have discovered a non-dairy, non-soy cream substitute for my coffe which is the next best thing to half and half.

Source 
I found it at Whole Foods and I've heard the Fresh Market has it too.  I will be checking that fact out in the near future.

Being able to go the a gym that has child care is the biggest blessing these days.  I love running with the stroller, but it sure is nice to be able to do my own thing in the gym while knowing my kids are having a blast playing with the other kiddos while I work out.  They actually cry when they have to leave now sometimes.  What a huge gift!  Now I can run to the gym, drop of the boys at child care, go lift some weights, and run home.  Sometimes we even combine some errands with our adventure, like swinging by the bank, the library, or Walgreens.  Fresh Market is an easy run from home as well.  I love it!

Today's Best Body Bootcamp workout included Ladder Sets and I LOVED it.  I even added some extra exercises to the list to continue the ladder theme.  It felt great to "pump some iron" after taking the weekend off from weight training.

Ladders looks something like this...

  • Perform 5 rep of the given exercise
  • Rest a few seconds
  • Perform 6 reps of the given exercise
  • Rest a few seconds
  • Perform 7 reps of the given exercise
  • Rest a few seconds
  • Perform 8 reps of given exercise
  • Rest a few seconds
  • Perform 9 reps of the given exercise
  • Rest a few seconds
  • Perform 10 reps of the given exercise
  • Rest a few seconds
These fast-paced workouts keep my interest up as well as my heart rate.  They're the next best things to circuits, in my opinion.  I highly suggest you try them out.  Thanks, Tina, for the great workout!

I finished out my time at the gym with some intervals on the elliptical while finishing up my reading for the next MOPS meeting. The stort if Ruth was a great one.  It was my favorite novela so far.  


The boys are napping so I'm going to embrace the quiet and get some studying done before it's time to tutor.  Happy Monday!





No comments:

Post a Comment