Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A Voting Day Tidbit

It's voting day.  I don't want to get into who the best candidate is or anything like that and after tonight, our opinion really won't matter too much anyways, but I have been thinking about the situation at hand quite a bit today along with pretty much every other person in our nation.  The blogging community has lots to say about it this morning.  I read the following on two different blogs, Good Morning Girls and the Gospel Coalition,  this morning and thought it was a zinger worth sharing...

Politics Is Hell

Imagine your life were an open book.
Every conversation recorded. Every errant word written down. Every gaffe broadcast before all.
What if everything you ever did was fair game?
What if every action and every decision were held up to the severest scrutiny?
What if all your last minute apologies failed to satisfy?
How would you feel to realize someone knew everything about your past? And someone was chronicling everything about your present?
How would you like to face a barrage of questions for every inconsistency in your life?
What a fearful proposition: anything you ever say or ever do can, and often will, be held against you. If an adversary so desired, he could paint an ugly picture of any of us. And without resorting to lies.
It’s a scary thought to think that your whole life could be an open book. With defenses that do not hold, and sorry’s that do not stick, and excuses which only make things worse.
That’s politics.
And that’s the day of judgment without the blood of Christ.
~Kevin DeYoung

 I've often said I admire people for even having the courage to run for political office, whether in Washington or in their home community.  I think it's true that in any leadership role, you are going to find people who are just waiting for you to stumble.  No one is perfect and you can't please everyone all the time, but I admire someone who's willing to take on that role.  It's not for the people-pleasing types like me.  Lord knows I'd be the worst person for the job.  Thank God for people who are willing to take on that role, and God be with whomever it is.  Help us to respect and support them, whether we voted for them or not.  Pray that they make good choices and lead our county in the right direction.  He will be my husband's boss for the next 4 years after all...



And on that note...pray for our military who put their lives on the line to support our great country.  They make tremendous sacrifices for us to enjoy our freedoms.  Don't take your freedoms for granted!


On a completely different, happy note....


I started this challenge yesterday and it's amazing what a difference it's making in my home already.  Just having a burning candle on my counter is a huge gamechanger for my state of mind.  It's a bit of tranquility in a sometimes crazy household.  I love the idea of saying a quick prayer of thanks every time the candle catches my eye.  What a great idea!


Check out the challenge here.  It's so easy and a great way to keep your focus where it needs to be.

1 comment:

  1. What a touching and beautiful blog today. Of course it made me cry but then a lot makes me cry these days with Mickey being so far away and you and the boys at home. I pray too that good choices are made and pray God takes care of our men and women in the military fighting so hard to keep us safe.

    ReplyDelete