Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Back to Life as Usual...

It seems like the Planker family can't catch a break in the health department these days.  After fighting colds for most of the month of October, we thought we'd paid our dues for a while...ha!  Friday morning showed us otherwise when Mason woke up sick to his stomach.  Yuck!  We spent our whole weekend like this...



It was like a domino effect in our family as we all went down, one by one...Mason, then me, the Colton, and finally Mickey. It was AWFUL!!!  It made me grateful we only have two children.  I don't know how my mom did it with five of us.  God bless her!  It's so hard to take care of your sick kids when you are too sick to even stand up yourself.  Thank God for buckets, tons of towels, a washing machine, and Netflix...they were our lifesavers...and thank God we don't get sick often.  God bless those of you who tend to get sick frequently.  I don't know how you do it!

Thankfully we are all feeling much better and now that I've disinfected the house and made a BIG batch of chicken soup, we are back to life as usual...

Today kicked off with a lovely 7 mile run with my running buddy in the gorgeous weather before tackling the rest of the day.  We had some extra time this morning before we had to hit the road, so we took advantage of the opportunity to make some fun crafts...


...these little kits from Michaels are awesome since they have everything you need and they're always on sale.  I need to go get some more for Christmas fun since they were such a hit with the boys.

Our first stop of the morning was story time.  Today's featured stories were...


...what's not to love about animals??  It was a fun morning!

After story time, we headed off to Music class.  Today's favorites were the bells...


...and the train song...


...especially when it involves these hats.  Miss Rabe even got in on the action...


...fun times!!  We love her!  Reminds me of this book...


...if you haven't read it to your kids, you should.  It's a classic!

We finished up our morning with some stops at the Library where we got a surprise visit with Miss Lisa, the Fresh Market (hello cheap chicken, coffee,  and pork chops) and the Dollar Tree where we stocked up for our Operation Christmas Child boxes...  


...the boys and I had fun picking out stuff we thought other kids might like.  I think they really got it when we talked about shopping for people who don't have as many toys as we have.  Gotta keep it simple at their age.  I'm excited to be able to track the package to see where it ends up.  You can find more info here.  It's an awesome organization and mission to help others.

After a little play time at home, which is so good to see again...




...now it's nap time and I wasted more time than I care to admit playing around with this little gem... 


...go ahead and check it out.  You won't be sorry.  In the words of Mickey, it's "great brain candy."  Never gets old.   I dare you to resist making your own version.  Tis the season!

And on that note...have a LOVELY day.   :-)












2 comments:

  1. I can't run seven minutes, let alone seven miles! You're a much more motivated person than I! And you schedule your days? I feel like a giant sloth!

    Oh! Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a teacher...I thrive on routine :-) I admire people who aren't like me. I'm kind of nuts. You are NOT a sloth...you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete