Search This Blog

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Embracing the Busy Day

I need to learn to be more of an optimist.  I knew yesterday was going to be a busy day, so I prepared myself for it to be chaotic and frantic.  Little did I know it would turn out to be a pretty fantastic day...I should have known when it started off with a fantastic green juice...


...kale, tangerine, apple, celery, and lime.  YUM!


I got my workout in super early, to make sure it wouldn't get lost in the shuffle today...just some time on the elliptical while reading this book...


...(I'm a sucker for an easy Nicholas Sparks read...so far this one's great!)   I followed up my time on the elliptical with a quick round of full body weights and planks.  Nothing crazy...but a decent workout to keep me fit and sane.

We had a little wiggle room in our morning and we took advantage of the chance to enjoy some breezy, cool weather outside ...




...you know, doing the usual stuff, like building boxes, hiding from the camera, and trying to ride trucks up and down the steps.  Good times!

Unfortunately the rain drove us inside, but we found plenty of fun things to do inside too...


...like making play clay using the recipe from the cornstarch box...


...it turned out well.  I'm thinking we'll try to make some christmas ornaments with it since it says you can bake them.  Now I need some christmas cookie cutters...

We also mixed up a batch of homemade chex mix...


...I used olive oil in place of the butter and LOTS less salt than the recipe called for and it turned out great.  It was a hit with the boys.  It made the house smell great too.

And we did some puzzles...


...I have to brag.  They do these completely on their own with no help from me.  See Colton still wearing his helmet from when he was riding his bike outside.  He loves that thing...haha!

We also did our Wednesday produce thing...


...the boys sure do love making trains out of the boxes.  See the engine they made for Colton to ride in??  So creative!! 

In the midst of all our fun, I got good news at the dermatologist too...all clear and no need to go back until next year.  Love good reports.  Maybe Mickey will get the all clear one day too...one can hope.

While the boys napped, I got to do a little tutoring with one energetic, awesome little gal.  It's definitely a highlight of my week.  

We rounded out our night with a lovely evening at story time.  The featured stories were...


...the boys and I especially love The Cuddle Book.  We cuddle all the time!

We hung around for a bit to sip on some drinks and listen to the accordion player...




...its gorgeous out there at night this time of year.  We love it!  (I look a little sleepy with my little cuddlebugs...lol)  The boys were mesmerized by the accordion too.  They say they want to learn to play it when they get bigger...that could be a fun adventure :-)  

It was a great day!  I need to remember to look forward to the excitement of Wednesdays rather than worrying about the busyness of the day...busy isn't always bad.  

We're off for some fun adventures again today, including some haircuts.  Fun Fun!  Hope your day is fabulous too.
















No comments:

Post a Comment