Search This Blog

Thursday, November 7, 2013

A Free Day

We survived another busy Wednesday yesterday.  I skipped my early morning wake-up call and enjoyed my morning with my family before the tackling the day.  I managed to squeeze in a quick trip to the gym, a couple of quick errands, and even a shaun T 25 minute workout before it was time to tackle the produce.  Wednesdays sure are YUMMY!!  



Check out this serenade I got in the gym parking lot yesterday...



...they're singing their jams into the microphone :-)  

We finished up our day with a gorgeous story time under the lights--a definite perk of the time change.  The boys are still working on using kind hands with our story time friends which makes things a little stressful for this momma but other than that, it was a fantastic night.  I wish I would have snapped a picture of the packed house and the adorable kiddos in the gorgeous courtyard.  Next time...

The featured stories were...


and


Fall stories are so much fun!  I've got some good Thanksgiving ones on the docket for the next couple of weeks.  This is such a fun time of year!

Today, we finally found ourselves a day with NOTHING on the calendar today and decided to embrace the opportunity to do WHATEVER we wanted.  It was glorious!!

It started off with a lovely run over the bridge and a leisurely morning once the boys were up before heading off to the park...


...we had the place to ourselves for the majority of the time and it was glorious...


Colton is even getting the hang of pushing Mason on the swing...



How cute are they???


Once the others started to venture out to enjoy the lovely day with us (and knock over our sand castles), we parted ways (to avoid any injuries from my very protective boys) and headed for another favorite place of ours...


....Starbucks!!  Peppermint mocha for me and treats for the boys.  Colton, the sweet tooth, chose a cookie, and Mason, my salt and starch loving boy, chose a soft pretzel.  Lucky me, they both shared a bite with me!  YUM!  They traded bites with each other too and were so well-behaved.  I love when that happens!  

After our treats, we headed home to enjoy the rest of our day in the front yard...


...and exploring the neighborhood.  Colton originally thought the fire truck was the way to go and Mason headed out on his trike.  Despite me warning him that the fire truck might be kind of slow, he stuck to his choice...


....until Mason decided to race him...


...and quickly pass him...


...leaving him in his dust...


....which led to him ditching the fire truck while he headed back to get his bike...


....I had to bite my tongue to keep from saying "I told you so..." Fun stuff!  

Once he got his bike, we were back in business...


...til we got 3/4 of the way around the block and they both ditched their bikes, leaving me to carry them back to the house.  One day we'll make it all the way around...today was not our day.  LOL

Time for some dinner prep...steaks smothered with mushrooms and onions with a side of broccolini...and a martini if I can talk my man into making me one.  I doubt I'll have to twist him arm.    It's close enough to the weekend, right??  






No comments:

Post a Comment