Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Sunchokes and Sunshine

I went to bed SUPER early last night, like 8:00 early...needless to say I was up before the sun as a result.  I enjoyed 2 cups of coffee along with this month's issue of oxygen magazine in complete silence before the boys got up.  It was DIVINE!

While I was reading my magazine, I finally had roasted those sunchokes I got last Thursday.  I diced them up, tossed them with olive oil, salt, and pepper and stuck them in the oven for 45 minutes at 400.    They were super yummy!!   What a unique flavor.  If you get the chance to try them, I highly recommend you seize the opportunity.  I enjoyed them alongside some scrambled egg whites.  What a yummy way to start the day!  So far no gastrointestinal distress either...TMI!  Guess that vegan experiment was good for something...

We're still in recovery mode over here in Plankerville but we were able to make it out for a play date at the park.  It was good to get some fresh air, especially after all the rain that we've been having around here.  I'm tempted to complain about how hot it has been here, but I know I should be counting my blessing since it's COLD in most other parts of the country.  I wouldn't mind needing a sweater or having an excuse to wear my knock-off Ugg boots.  Good thing they were on clearance since I'm certainly not getting my money's worth living in this part of the country.

The boys had a blast at the park.  They got to try out a friend's tricycle...



The pedal concept is still a bit tricky for them.  We had a lot of forward backward action going on that was pretty cute though.  I'm glad I decided to hold out on trikes for Christmas, but at least I know what to get them for their birthdays in March!!  How cute are they?


Of course they had to wear their boots this morning.  They seriously might need a support group--Boot Lovers Anonymous anyone?

They played hard and had no trouble falling asleep on the ride home...


I was able to run (SLOWLY!) to the park and back but I'm feeling pretty drained from our outing as well.  Guess I'm still recovering too.  Darn sinuses!

Our family has some serious downtime on the docket again for the rest of today...hopefully including a viewing of last night's episode of Parenthood (love that show!) and a quick little pedi for myself.



We're still trying to find our way back to health.  Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment