Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Back In The Land of the Living

It seems like there is FINALLY light at the end of our family's tunnel of sickness.   I was able to sleep through the night for the first time in 10 days--thanks to tylenol PM, Augmentin, Flonase, AND Zyrtec.  Not sure which one of those meds was the magic cure but I feel like I could kiss the feet of the wonderful doctor who prescribed them to me.  That arsenal works!  So much for going the all-natural route...  Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do and I'm looking back on the last 5 days and wishing I would have gone to the doctor much sooner than I did.  Live and learn!!  I feel like I say that phrase a lot as a mom...but I digress.

It was a rainy morning and story time was cancelled AGAIN.  Bummer!  I missed seeing my Tuesday morning buddies.  Hopefully it doesn't rain next week and we can get in one more story time before the holiday break.  

The rain didn't keep us from music class today.  After missing last week, we were very happy to be able to rejoin the group.  I can't say enough good things about Miss Rabe.  She is so good with the kids and the parents.  I think I learn as much from her as my kids do.  We love her!

 Mason loves to drum with his friends.

  The boys LOVE the piano.

Miss Rabe has a player piano and she had it play Christmas music for the boys.  They thought it was magical the way it could play without anyone touching the keys.  SO COOL!

The boys crashed on the way home, clearly still recovering from being sick.  Good thing our agenda is wide-open the rest of the day other than one quick errand.  God has a funny way of helping me see when it time to just slow down a little and take a break.  I'm learning to appreciate the opportunity to rest.  On that note, I'm off to put my feet up.  I'm still recovering too!

Maybe I can stumble across some more fun YouTube videos like this one while I'm resting...


...or this one...




Happy Holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment