Search This Blog

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Nuttiness Cure

Today was an organic produce day which always makes me a little nutty.  I love all the yummy fresh produce though so the nuttiness is worth it.  Between the printer not working so I could organize myself for the delivery, needing to squeeze in a trip to the post office and hopefully a run as well before the produce got here and dealing with kiddos who were extra fired up, I was having a hard time finding my groove.  Look at this mess they created in less than 2 minutes...Silly boys!  This picture doesn't even show you half the room.


Thankfully, all the craziness was quickly quieted when a great friend played with my kids while I sorted all this produce...


...and that's only about half of it.  Look at these little gems that some people got:


I'm bummed that I didn't order the share that included them.  They look so fun!  They're the size of a large grape and apparently look like a kiwi when you bite into them.  I will definitely be getting them next time.  Now it's time to explore the recipes to see what yummy dishes I'll be making with my goods.  Check out the recipes the buying club provides for us.  I haven't found a bad one in the bunch.

I loved being able to let my mind wander a bit while I sorted everything, knowing that my kids were outside enjoying themselves with our friends.  Cecilia, you are a godsend to us!

I was working hard to finish up some of my produce from last week and enjoyed the following two yummy meals today, both enjoyed on my princess plate of course...


For breakfast I had scrambled egg whites with sauteed spinach and onions served with an english muffin on the side.  


Lunch included salmon in a honey, ginger and rum glaze with roasted cauliflower.  That sauce is to die for!  It might be my new favorite way to eat salmon.  I just combined the following as a marinade:

  • 1/4 cup dark rum
  • 1/8 cup honey
  • 1 T grated fresh ginger
  • Salt and Pepper to taste

I let it sit in the fridge all morning and then baked it, still in the marinade, for 20 minutes at 350.

Thankfully, I was able to squeeze in a 4 mile run this morning and even managed to combine it with an errand to the post office to get some stamps and mail a package.  Talk about multi-tasking.


I will NOT be repeating that route.  I totally forgot about all the construction on Colorado in downtown Stuart--not an easy path for the jogging stroller.  I forgot to stop the clock on my app while I ran in the post office and I'm guessing I spent about 3 minutes in there, so the run took about 37 minutes.  I'm good with that...

This afternoon's mission is to spend some quality time with my boys and hopefully get in a quickie leg workout.  I'm thinking drop sets so I can bust it out quick.  Maybe this workout...

Since I didn't get to watch What to Expect When You're Expecting last night, maybe I can make that happen tonight.  Tomorrow's a rest day so I won't feel too bad if I stay up later than usual.  We do have a fun play date planned for tomorrow though.  I'm hoping to get some good photos to share with you.

Oh, and I also need to VOTE.  Check out these crazy amendments I have to translate so I can vote on them.  SOOO glad I signed up for the absentee ballot.


I may not have time to watch my movie tonight after all if I get started on this...  Haha.  

I'll leave you with this thought that helped me get through the day yesterday.   I found it to be quite helpful...


Be happy where you are with what you have and know that God is good.



No comments:

Post a Comment