Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Today...


This morning was one of those ones where I had to talk myself into lacing up my running shoes and loading up the boys in their stroller for a run.  Most days, I look forward to getting out on the road but I have days every so often where my motivation wanes.  I hardly ever give in to the temptation to skip my workouts because I know how great exercise makes me feel.  Like Dr. Suess says, you can steer yourself any direction you choose.  I chose to steer myself out the door for a run this morning because the brains in my heard told me I'd be glad I did.  I'm not gonna lie, it took me at least 2 miles to settle into my run, but it got better after that and I crossed another 5 mile training run off my half marathon training plan.  It felt good to start my day right.

While I push the boys, I try to help them find cool things to look at.  It helps pass the time for me and entertains them.  Some of their favorites are dogs and big trucks.  I thought this was the coolest thing we'd see all morning:


The boys even let out a "whoa" when I pointed it out.  But we ended up running into this even more exciting thing just around the corner from our house at the end of our run:


I'm not good at photos on the run but this thing really amazed my boys.  Soon my boys will know the names of all these trucks.  I told them it was a bulldozer...hope I'm right!

We also got to see a train as well as seven dogs on our slow five mile journey so overall, I'd call that a success.



This is what I found when I went to get the boys out of their stroller when we got home:


I love Colton's upside-down sunglasses.  Too cute!

Because of my reluctance to get out the door this morning, my later start made my morning more rushed but as part of my new mission to be more mindful, I decided to sit down and enjoy my breakfast of egg whites, and english muffin, and leftover sauteed peppers and onions on a very special 22 carat gold accented plate.  I felt like a princess eating off that fine piece of china.  I'm definitely going to do that more often.

Needless to say, we were late to MOPS but I had a great time, as usual, chatting it up with the other mommas.  Between the chatting and up-cycled can craft that I botched, time flew.  The non-crafty side of me should have known better than to select the canister with rounded edges to wrap with sticky paper.  Duh!  Live and learn.  At least it's recyclable.  Next time, if there is a next time, I'll stick to the simple can.  Like I've said before...I'll run circles around all you crafters.  Just kidding!  :-)  I wish I was more patient with crafts but that's a whole other topic.  

I enjoyed a yummy lunch today that I will definitely be enjoying again sometime soon.  It included super greens topped with cranberries, edamame and chopped almonds with some balsamic and basil.  YUM!


I may or may not have also indulged in a couple of bites of of the boys thai chicken on the sly even though I'm trying to avoid meat.  Baby steps, right?  I've done well with avoiding dairy today and I know I won't be able to go completely vegan overnight but I'm making progress.  

Oh and by the way, I finished The Happiness Project last night and highly recommend it if you haven't read it already.  I've become much more aware of areas where I can work on being more happy and I've also learned to be more accepting of myself as others.  Happiness is contagious so I'm hoping my happiness is rubbing off on you each day.

I've got some tutoring to do this afternoon and hope to also find time to cuddle and play with my boys.  Once they go to bed, I'm hoping to watch a movie before crashing myself tonight.  Got this one from Netflix yesterday...


I'm hoping it makes me laugh.  I loved being pregnant with my boys but am happy to report we won't be adding to our family any time soon.  Two toddlers are enough for now.  Love them!

Life is GOOD!  Do something that makes you happy today and be mindful of the experience.  You won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment