Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Dropsets - Lower Body Style

Yesterday, my workout included dropsets for the upper body so today it seemed like a given to continue the dropset trend with the lower half of my body.  Like I said yesterday, to do dropsets, I pick a weight that is challenging, one that would fatigue me in 10-12 reps.  When I feel like I can't do any more reps at that weight, I quickly lower the weights and crank out as many as I can at the lower weight.  I then lower the weight again and keep pumping til I can't complete any more with good form, which means it's time to lighten the load again.  I usually continue this process until I have churned out 40-50 reps. Today I was going for higher reps with a moderately heavy challenge so I cranked out 50 reps on each machine.  The machines I used included:
  • leg press
  • leg extension
  • leg curl
  • leg adduction
  • leg abduction 
I finished up with 20 minutes on the elliptical, at a steep incline at a challenging level, stopping every 5 minutes to do the following circuit, holding 15 pound dumbbells:
  • 30 squats
  • 30 deadlifts
  • 30 lunges (15 on each leg)
My legs felt like they got a great work and I left the gym energized for the day.  Hope you got your day off to a great start with a workout as well, or you're planning to squeeze it in as your schedule allows today.  Happy working out!

No comments:

Post a Comment