Search This Blog

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sweaty Sunday

If you read my blog regularly, you're probably thinking the title of today's post is in reference to a killer workout, but today the cause of my sweaty day is the result of a broken air conditioner that cannot be repaired until tomorrow.  Talk about fun times here at the Planker homestead.  Last night we sweated it out on the couch watching New Years Eve.  If you haven't seen it, you should!  I loved how lighthearted and sweet it was.  It really had quite the casting line-up as well.  Mickey enjoyed it as well.
I'm happy to report Mickey gave it a thumbs up too.


I know we're way behind on our movie watching, but hopefully you can cut us a break since we have twin toddlers.  Thank goodness for Netflix.  I don't think we'd ever watch movies if we didn't have them regularly delivered to our mailbox.  

This morning we actually made it to church on time.  I think we were anxious to get into the air conditioning.  Just kidding.  We seriously love TC3 and once again enjoyed great worship music and an excellent message on handling the wealth God has given to us.  Money is never a comfortable topic in church but I think Gordon is handling this fundraising campaign well.  He pointed out that your level of trust in God can be seen in your giving.  He challenged us to put God to the test by stepping out in faith and giving, even though it may not be comfortable.  He reminded us that often times we look to money to give us things that only God can truly provide, specifically, security. God has purposefully blessed us and the question is, how will we respond to his blessings?  What a convicting question that was for me!

After church, we swung by Target for a couple of necessities, including these awesome hats...

Colton

Mason
Maybe I'd have more money for the offering plate if I didn't give into impulsive purchases like this...Haha  I'm human, what can I say?  They're only $2 in the Dollar Spot if you're interested in getting some for yourselves.  I see a pretty darn cute Thanksgiving card in our future.  

I had a Starbucks gift card that was burning a hole in my wallet so I treated myself to a Salted Caramel Frappuccino Light and got the boys some chocolate milk. YUM!  I love their fall beverages. 



I've got the makings for a copycat Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino in my freezer as we speak.  I found the recipe here.  I'll let you know how it turns out.  I especially like that it's vegan and sugar-free which  means I can indulge in it daily if it's good, right?  I've got my fingers crossed that it lives up to my expectations.  I love healthy alternatives to indulgent things.  I'm thinking once we've got some a/c in this house, I might have to try out this homemade version of the salted caramel mocha as well.  

Nap time for the boys meant a trip to the gym for me.  Another visit to some air conditioning...SCORE!  I spent my time reading The Happiness Project on my kindle while working up a sweat on the elliptical since Sundays are cross-training days on my half-marathon plan.  I did a quick upper body workout last night after the boys were in bed so I wouldn't have to do it today.  I've also decided to back off lower body weights workouts during this  portion of my training plan.  Pushing that stroller is challenging enough for my legs and I don't want to get injured.  In place of my lower body workouts, I've added in some yoga which I am thoroughly enjoying thanks to Fit2B Studio.  I bought their Groupon last week and haven't regretted it for a second.  I'm already noticing how it's helping with my diastasis recti, which is an extra special bonus since I originally purchased the package to work on stretching and flexibility.  I suggest you check it out!

Once the boys get up, we're looking forward to sweating it out some more on a bike ride.  The boys LOVE bike rides.  Thank goodness they think their helmets are pretty cool too.  I still haven't gotten around to making that gorgonzola and acorn squash pizza so I'm hoping I can whip it up tonight as well.    

I'll leave you with my takeaway from today's portion of The Happiness Project...
Happiness is...simply growth.  We are happy when we are growing.  -Yeats
To summarize Gretchen Runin, if you try new things, you're more likely to feel happy than if you stick to the same-old same-old.  That's why projects like half-marathon training, potty training, Bible studies, parenting, traveling, and trying out new recipes are so fun for me I guess--I'm growing!

Get out there and GROW!

No comments:

Post a Comment