Search This Blog

Monday, May 13, 2013

My Do-Over Mother's Day

I'm not gonna lie... I did not have the best Mother's Day ever yesterday, or at least it didn't start out that way.   I won't bore you with all the details but early wake-ups, curdled milk in my coffee, crabby boys, and a meltdown at the store were just some of the wonderful things that greeted me on Mother's Day.  I did find this fabulous deal at Target though...

...and I heard a wonderful message a church which should have helped to put things into perspective a bit.  I'm human!  I wanted yesterday to be better than any other ordinary Sunday.  Time to learn to lower my expectations so I can be pleasantly surprised I guess.

Because things went so horribly in the morning, I decided to give myself a Mother's Day do-over.  It kicked off at 5:00 last night when I dropped the boys off my WONDERFUL friend's house so I could go see BILL COSBY in Fort Lauderdale with this lovely lady!

She even got me that stylish shirt to wear...I'll let you see it again...

We had a fabulous night out, even getting to enjoy some yummy food after the show at the swanky Tatu restaurant in Hard Rock's Seminole Paradise.  I'd definitely like to go back and hang out there again sometime soon...and get a room to avoid the drive there and back all in one day.

Maura is truly a saint for giving me a break on a day that was supposed to be all about pampering for her as well.  I owe her and her family BIG TIME!

It was a late night which made morning come WAY too soon, but at least the boys had their play group to go to so I could continue you Mother's Day celebration in the form of a break.  I ran a couple of errands, and stopped to pick up this necessity...

...before hitting the road for a solo run with the music of MY choosing :-)

It was a scorcher but I got it done and tried to enjoy every second of the solitude.  

I even had time to spare afterwards so I planted the boys seedlings quickly.  I'm hoping those sunflowers really take off.  I need to get them a little watering can so they can help me take care of them.

I had a little surprise for the boys when I picked them up. I always manage to make at least one impulsive purchase when I shop...I really need to work on that.  However, 2 pairs of Foster Grants (with Jolly Rogers on the side) for $8 was hard to pass up as I was stocking up on diapers at BJs...a purchase I hope to be putting an end to in the near future.  I need to work on that too.  Anyways, now we have extra shades to keep in the car since I always manage to forget them. They LOVE them!

We swung by the gym for a quick weights session on our way home.  I threw some dumbbells around with my upper body for half an hour before calling it good.  I did learn some new tweaks for my shoulder workouts that had me feeling the burn...gotta love that.  

I've spent nap time trying to relax a bit but, as we all know, I'm not too good at that.  I did check off a bunch of things on my to-do list, and many of them involved at least sitting at the computer or the desk. I'm hoping to call it an early night tonight.  

It has officially be 24 hours since my Do-Over Mother's Day began.  I have to say it went much better the second time around.  Time to head back to reality.  Like clockwork, I hear the boys waking up from their late nap.  They must know they've got me back at their beck and call now...haha!  Love them!  

No comments:

Post a Comment