Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Library, The Annoying Guy At the Gym, and Whole30 Day 2

Maybe it's a result of me sugar detox as a result of being on Day 2 of my Whole30 experiment or maybe it's just because rainy days really bring me down...who knows?!  What I do know is that I have a case of the blahs today...

When I have a case of the blahs, I tend to get easily annoyed.  One source of annoyance today the fact that I had to take my run to the treadmill today.  I hate that darn machine!  I especially hate it when there's a guy at the gym who chooses to use the treadmill right next to mine when EVERY SINGLE OTHER TREADMILL in the place was available.  Really dude??  The same guy sprayed the cleaning stuff on me while thoroughly dousing his machine BEFORE his workout.  Um, hello, they clean them a million times throughout the day...your job is to clean it when you're done which won't even be necessary because you have it set at 2.0 mph so I highly doubt you'll be breaking a sweat on that machine.   This is the same guy who told me I was doing my deadlifts wrong last week, which I wasn't...clearly, I cannot stand this old guy.  So grumpy old man, if you read this blog, take a hint and leave me alone, please!  I did try to sweat as much as possible while I was hoofing it on my treadmill hoping that some of my sweat droplets might fling on him...oops!  Enough about him.  He's sucked enough joy out of my day....on to happier things.

Like I said, I'm on day 2 of my Whole30 experiment.  Today's breakfast was a repeat of yesterday's.  3 scrambled eggs, with sauteed spinach and half an avocado with a side of grapefruit.

I also had coffee with coconut milk.  That substitution will definitely be sticking around.  I like it!


With full bellies, we hit the road for the library's story time.  We needed a dry destination on this rainy morning.  The boys had fun with the alligator vs. crocodile theme...


Our next stop was the gym.  I did get in a decent workout even in my annoyed state.  I started off with a lovely 2.5 miles on the treadmill (before the guy came to "keep me company")...those first couple of miles actually flew by while I chatted with a couple of trainers about my new experiment and the knot in my neck...exciting stuff!  It was nice to have company while I did my time on the dreadmill.  For the next 1.5 miles, I alternated 1 minute runs with various shoulder, biceps and triceps exercises.  In order to keep from having to restart the treadmill each time, I had to limit my weights activity to 30 second increments which worked nicely--30 seconds weights alternated with 1 minute runs for 2 miles.  I had hoped to go a little longer with my circuits but my annoyed state got the best of me and I ditched the treadmill for the free weights section where I finished up with some additional arms work before calling it quits.  Hopefully I can return to the roads tomorrow...

We came home to a lunch that had been slow cooking while we were out...roasted chicken and roasted carrots.  I also enjoyed some leftover broccolini and a mango as well as the rest of my avocado from this morning.  Filling and delicious!!  


Check out this carrot I discovered while prepping them to cook...


The boys got a kick out of it.  

The dinner plan includes pork chops and curried cream of broccoli soup.  I think I'll set aside some steamed broccoli for the boys since I doubt I'll win them over with soup.  We've got some juicy peaches to enjoy as well.  Yum Yum!  I'm definitely not starving on this little experiment and it's forcing me to be a little creative, which is always a plus.  So far so good...

I have about 10 pages left in this book...


..so I'm off to tackle that now before I put my freshly laundered sheets on my bed.  I LOVE freshly laundered sheets!  Gonna be so snuggly tonight.  What should I read next???  Decisions, decisions...





No comments:

Post a Comment