Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Christmas Fun

We arrived back in Plankerville with very little time before Christmas but we managed to find enough time to make cookies for Santa...


...he left a note saying they were delicious!

We enjoyed a beautiful Christmas Eve service at TC3...
 

...which also happened to be the boys' first time to hold candles.  Special memories!

We also did our best to document the year with some selfies on the iphone...


...this one will have to suffice...


Good thing I decided to wait to eat a cookie until after church and photos... 


...I guess I got a litte food dye happy with my frosted cookies.  I'll keep it in mind for April Fools Day treats :-).  There was no sneaking a cookie in this house, haha!

Once we had the boys in bed, it was time to play santa... 

...before heading to bed ourselves.  

Christmas was truly magical this year. 


 



I tried my hand at duck to enjoy for our Christmas feast... 


...with a balsamic glaze it was darn delicious!  Even the boys agreed and gave it a T-Rex approval...


...always a good sign.  It paired nicely with the Bloody Marys...


... which definitely need to remain a Christmas tradition.  :-)  

You know what else should become a tradition??  Day after Christmas lunch with the family... 


...a girl could get used to all this family fun.  

Some favorite gifts besides the gifts from Santa ("a #5 black race car with a white #5" for Colton and a "big army jet" for Mason) include spider man masks...


...Darth Vader ornaments...


....a fort making kit...


...santa beard lollipops...

 

...and tool kits...


...which just might include my favorite part, the helmet and goggles...


...I sure do love my Mason and his rule-following ways :-).  The hammer says to always wear a helmet and goggles when using it and by golly, he makes sure he does it every time.  ADORABLE!  I love this stage where Christmas is so magical.  It was so fun to bring back the excitement of Christmas with my amazing boys.  God is good!



No comments:

Post a Comment