Search This Blog

Friday, August 1, 2014

VBS Week

You know your week is off to great start when your boys kick off Monday with a birthday party for Gravedigger complete with dinosaurs and his friends...


...their imagination never ceases to make me smile.  You think we go to enough birthday parties??  No complaints here!

This week the boys are going to the Workshop Of Wonders VBS.  I knew the building theme would be a hit with them...


...I stayed and volunteered on Monday to help the boys ease into the fun and was so impressed with the day's activities.  The boys had a blast!!  What's not to love about music, science experiments, crafts, snacks, playtime, and learning about God.  I'm thrilled that they get to be a part of it and are truly enjoying themselves.  



Monday's craft was a latern...


...painting with glue and then sticking tissue paper onto the glue was definitely a big undertaking with 24 three and four year olds :-) 

Another highlight of the VBS program is the fantastic tree they have right outside the facility... 


...the boys have dubbed it the "awesome tree" and I have to agree. It's very cool!!  You better believe there was playtime on it every day after I picked them up.  

Tuesday morning kicked off with some very excited boys...


While the boys were at VBS on Tuesday, I had fun doing my usual stuff.  This week's story time reads involved a duck and counting theme...


...it was quacktastic :-).  

Tuesday's creation at VBS was an adorable robot...


Wednesday was another fun day at VBS.  The boys were a little clingier as I left and they are definitely exhausted from having to be "on" every day this week but it's good for them.  They had another great day and came home singing all of the songs and going on and on about their day.  They definitely love the science experiments and the snacks :-)

We did our usual produce thing and finished up the day at Story Time where the featured stories were... 


...the boys got in on a little gardening action with Mr. William while they were there too.  Fun stuff...


Thursday was another fun day at VBS.  The boys are definitely my mom's grandkids cause they just can't get enough of the science portion of the day.  Today they mixed oil and food coloring in bottles...


...they love to shake them and tell us all about how they work.  

They also learned about the loaves and fishes story.  Apparently Mason got ahold of a little bit of the miracle because he had 4 fish in his basket...


Check out the awesome group they've been hanging out with...


I ran a couple of errands and spent some time browsing Home Goods where I finally got us some new throw rugs...


I also enjoyed some quiet time at home and listened to a Focus on the Family podcast about learning styles while painting my nails.  Love this color...


...I felt kind of indulgent just hanging home alone but then stumbled across this instagram post and felt much better...


...perfect timing for my somewhat unproductive morning.

Thursday night, we celebrated the boys' baptism birthday with a little pizza dinner out.  It was a goofy family night complete with onion eyepatches...



...and goofy snuggles...



I had fun showing the boys pictures and telling them about their baptism...

 
They were worried I was going to make them go to the front of the church for another baptism so we got to talk about how you only have to do it once.  Boy were they relieved.  :-) 

Friday was a fantastic last day of VBS.  The boys raved about the bounce house, the playground, and the popsicles.  That's a winning combo for them.  I liked the slime and the artwork they brought home...


I also enjoyed seeing everyone together for the closing little ceremony, even though my boys refused to particpate...silly boys!  Maybe one day they'll come around...I hope.  We can't wait for next year.  

I, for one, am thrilled the weekend is almost here.  It's been a rough week behavior-wise with the boys.  I'm sure it was a hard week for them too since it was such a different routine for them.  I'm ready to hopefully get some relaxation in and I'm sure the boys are too.  I didn't even go to VBS and for some reason, I'm beat too.  Looking forward to some quality family time with these goofballs...


...after they're done with their nap.  Maybe I'll go take one now too :-)

Have a lovely weekend!















No comments:

Post a Comment