Search This Blog

Saturday, August 2, 2014

August Already?!

It's finally the weekend...WOOHOO!!!!  I cannot wrap my brain around the fact that it is already August 2.  I'm so glad we don't have to deal with back to school til next Fall...I'm so not ready for that yet.  Thank goodness for one more year of little wiggle room with our schedule.  To those of you that are gearing up for back to school, God bless you!!

Our weekend kicked off in typical fashion with a trip to Home Depot for some building.   We're getting spoiled with all the extra activities during the summer when it comes to building projects.  I continue to be amazed with how the boys are able to do more and more of it by themselves.  So much fun...


...Mason went with his signature color, red, and Colton decided "plain wood" was the look he was going for... 


...I know I'm biased but I think they're the cutest little builders ever...


I give to you their finished product...



It looked like it might rain so we ditched our water park plans and headed to Barnes and Noble instead for the Marvel superhero story time.  I'm not gonna lie, it's not my favorite place for story time, but it's in the A/C and it's a change from the ordinary so we decided to give it a shot... 


...at least learning about some new superheros was entertaining for the boys.  Too bad we didn't win any of the cool action figure raffle prizes.  

I had quite the tough time getting the boys to leave the store without more of a tantrum than we had when I told them we couldn't get any of the Thomas trains they were DYING to buy...


...they've got their eyes on Diesel 10 and Luke.  I think I found some good incentives for future rewards.  Those boys sure do love them some trains.   

After our fun morning, I was in desperate need of a pick-me-up.  We popped in to Target for a little multitasking coffee and errands trip...the reason behind my earlier back to school laments for all of you.   It was crazy in there today!!

I think the Target craziness rubbed off on me.  I splurged on the coffee light frappuccino...


...crazy, huh?  Ihaven't had anything but black coffee and Americanos in forever.  It was good, but I actually ended up wishing I had just gotten a iced Americano.  Next time :-)

Now it's naptime for the boys which means PiYo Strength Intervals time for me...


...I did Drench yesterday and it was by far the hardest workout in the series so far.  I had such a feeling of accompishment after finishing it.  Next time I'll save it for a day when I didn't also run in the morning.  It was waaaaay more challenging than I anticipated.  I can't wait to see how I improve with it.   I'm seriously hooked on these workouts.

Maybe I'll even get some solo poolside time in before the boys wake up...fingers crossed. 

Happy Saturday!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment