Search This Blog

Friday, May 9, 2014

Some Sunshine, Some Bribery, and Lots of Fun

 We've had a lovely week, doing all our usual things.  Things are pretty run of the mill these day, nothing too crazy over here, but we're still having a good time.

  On Wednesday nights after story time, Coffee Bar Blue Door has an accordion player in the courtyard.  Mason is most definitely his #1 fan.  He LOVES watching him play his accordion.  Daddy plays the bagpipes so wouldn't it be fun if Mason picked up the accordion??  I think so!!!


Thursday morning we did our usual music class thing.  The boys LOVE being Miss Rabe's big helpers after class.  Cute stuff!


The weather was too gorgeous to resist on Thursday, so we decided to take a walk downtown after music class for a little cookie treat.  Eating our cookies while enjoying the view down by the water was DEFINITELY a good idea.


Silly boys...


Thursday was also my sister Abigail's big 30th birthday so I posted this little treasure on Instagram for my throwback Thursday photo...


...those were the days.  So glad I have such an amazing sister who I can also call my best friend.  Gotta get to writing that toast for her wedding...

We managed to squeeze in some pre-dinner biking to feed the chicken duck on Thursday evening.  Mason made sure to bring along his necessities in his ever-present backpack...you know, important stuff like cars and trucks ;-).... 


...gotta love his new "cheese" face.  Colton was looking mighty nice on his bike too... 


...he was testing out riding with just one hand.  Fun stuff!!

I swear the turtles smell us coming.  They were tackling each other to get our stale bread... 


The chicken duck turned up his nose at our leftovers this time...


...oh well!  More for the turtles :-)

The light was gorgeous.  Look at our lovely glow, no filter needed... 


...Mason is definitely my Momma's boy.  

We made sure to clean up the sticks by the pond while we were there too... 


...good thing Colton still had his helmet on. :-) 

Today's been pretty laid-back too.  After a quick stop at the tailor to get the boys' suits and my bridesmaid dress pinned for altering, which went a million times better than I expected it to, we refueled at Starbucks and hit up the dollar store thanks to my fantastic bribery skills earlier in the morning...:-)  It was pretty much along the lines of, if you'll please just try this suit on, we'll go get chocolate milk...AND if you behave yourself at the tailor and let her measure you, you can choose something at the dollar store.  I had to pay up on both.  Thankfully, now that they've put the suits on a couple of times, they realize they look pretty darn cool in them and I'm pretty sure they're excited for the big wedding day.  

We met up with some friends for a quick play date after our errands and rounded out our morning with some time at the house.  The boys played with their new plastic fishing game while I got in my last T25 workout for month one.  I'm pretty sure I won't be able to walk tomorrow.  Total body circuit AND lower focus on the same day...OUCH! Bring on Month 2...


Don't worry, I just rewarded myself with a handful of these delicious nuggets I picked up while I was in Naples last weekend... 


...I'm wishing I would have bought 5 containers :-)  

The boys have had me smiling LOTS today.  Their creativity and conversation skills continue develop and amaze me.  Colton came up with his own Viking costume today after I asked him to put some containers in the recycling can... 


...impressive shield, Colton.  You are AWESOME!!

Time to tackle the laundry that just buzzed at me.  Looking forward to dinner out tonight with my family.  Greek food here I come!!!  AND looking forward to finally getting a family weekend together.  I see lots of pool time in our near future.  No complaints here.





No comments:

Post a Comment