Search This Blog

Friday, May 30, 2014

Friday Fun

Happy Friday!!!!  Hope yours is off to a great start.  I know ours is :-)  I'm especially enjoying my quiet house with my napping boys right now after a fun-filled morning.  I'm even sipping on this lovely beverage hoping its just the pick-me-up I need to jumpstart a fun weekend...


...it's only been in my fridge for a month haha.  I'm normally a black coffee drinker these days except for the occasional cappuccino splurge but this little concoction isn't too shabby.  

I wasn't sure it was going to happen after pressing snooze I don't know how many times, but we did manage to kick off our morning with the last T25 workout of the week.  Dynamic Core and Speed 2.0 are in the books for week 3. 


Double-down Fridays kick my booty but I'm never sorry I got it done, especially when I get it out of the way first thing in the morning.  Only 2 more weeks til I'm done with the program.  

The boys woke up halfway through my workout and entertained themselves with their current favorite toy -- legos while I finished up.  This morning's design was a bit more free-spirited but here's our handiwork from last night...


...it's fun building with them.  

Once we were fed and cleaned up, we headed off to deliver some birthday cards to our favorite local barista... 


...I love helping the boys learn how good it feels to brighten someone's day.  It was fun!!  We love you Miss Abby!!!

Our next stop was the library where we found a bonus surprise in the parking lot...


....the firefighters were kind enough to let us climb aboard...  


Needless to say, our day was made!!

They headed off and we headed inside for the Family Place where the toy of choice today was the monster truck...  


...it was jumping over EVERYTHING!

Colton also hopped on this little baby toy that brought back memories from the first time they rode it there...

  

...apparently he hasn't outgrown his need to growl like a lion when he rides it.  Silly Colton!!

We headed upstairs to check out some books before we left.  Today's choices were 100% boy...



...Gross Out! and the Fly Guy series, all definitely books I never imagined would be checked out on my account before I became a mother of boys.  Needless to say, we've devoured them today.  Fun stuff! 

 The Gross Out! book even has a recipe in it... 


...and yes, we decided to try it out...


...those are the tastiest owl barf balls I've ever eaten :-)  (They're really just no bake cookies.)

The rest of our day has been spent cleaning up the trampoline so we could jump on it leaf-free...


...helping dad pack up some army stuff...


...and (slowly but surely) refining our cutting and pasting skills...


....thanks This Reading Mama for the printables.  

Time to unplug and gear up for the weekend.  Hope yours is fantastic!!




No comments:

Post a Comment