Search This Blog

Saturday, May 31, 2014

10 Day You Challenge - Day 1 : 10 Secrets

I saw this challenge on PeanutButterFinger's blog and thought it was fun....


I think I'll give it a shot. Here's a glimpse into 10 "secrets" about me aka 10 things you might not know about me...

10.  I can't play cards and have given up trying to learn how.  I consider myself an intelligent person but I can never seem to wrap my brain around any card game more complicated than slap jack or war.  I'm much happier just keeping you company while you play cards.  I'll bring the wine :-)

9.  I HATE dieting but find myself trying to all the time.  I've tried just about every diet out there...vegan, cabbage soup, low carb, paleo, etc.  I'm much happier just eating real healthy foods and doing my best not to overeat.  Food makes me happy.  I love healthy foods but struggle with portion control, especially when I splurge.  I'm working on it...Thank goodness I love exercise.

8.  I press the snooze button at least 2 times every day before getting out of bed.  I love mornings and seizing the day but it takes me a couple of tries to get going.  I drive my husband crazy with it on a daily basis.  Anyone ever tried any other ways of waking up that don't wake their spouse too??

7.  I HATED being in middle school but loved teaching it.  I'd like to erase my adolescent years from my memory but hope I made them a little bit easier for the students I taught.  Those are some rough years, folks.  Be kind!

6.  I am a terrible gardener.  I plant things, water them, fertilize them, and they never seem to do much.  Thank goodness for modern conveniences and Annie's Organic Buying club.  If I had to depend on myself for produce, I'd be in trouble.  Why is it so difficult for me????

5.  I love online window shopping.  I put things in online shopping carts all the time and usually end up not buying them.  Every once in a while I go on a little online shopping binge but usually I end up talking myself out of things.

4.  I used to really dislike my mom.  Now that I'm older, hopefully a bit wiser, and a mom myself, I treasure our relationship and wish she'd move to Stuart.  She's a pretty amazing lady and I'm so happy my boys have such a great relationship with her.  

3.  I send Christmas cards to the doctors that helped me with my pregnancy.  It's nothing short of a miracle that I was able get pregnant with, carry, and deliver full term, healthy TWINS so the people who helped me with it rank way up there on my list of people I cherish. 

2.  I can sleep anywhere.   I remember just curling up and going to sleep wherever I was as a kid.  When I got tired, I simply called it quits.  I've fallen asleep on the "L," on a bar stool, and pretty much every time I turn on the TV.  It's embarrassing.  I simply can't hang when I'm tired.  

1. I love physical fitness but am terrible at most sports.  For a tall girl, you'd think I'd be good at basketball and volleyball but trust me, you don't want me on your team.   I can hustle like no body's business though and I love a good workout.  








No comments:

Post a Comment