Search This Blog

Friday, February 21, 2014

The Long Short Week

 For a short work week, it sure has felt like a long week (I guess I really never get a short week from being a parent, but at least I've got a partner in the gig when the work week is short.)  The week felt especially long thanks to a certain two boys decided to resist naps a couple of days this week.  Nap-time is my sanity saver.  When nap time fails, its the stroller to the rescue.  I can't believe I ever hesitated on purchasing this beast...


The boys are almost 3 and it still works like a charm as long as I keep it moving.  I was lucky enough to log 4 runs this week so far and am hoping for another tomorrow sometime.  They really are the best running group.  Can you tell these boys were ready for a nap??

It hasn't been all doom and gloom this week though.  Our garden is off to a great start, regardless of the fact that we've only been at it for a week...


...the boys love tending to it...


...it's our version of science class :-)

The boys have gotten in some great play time both at home...


...and at the park...


Colton takes his climbing VERY seriously... 


They spent A LONG time racing their trucks down the slides, then chasing down after them... 



We also got to check out some work vehicles on the train tracks...boy heaven!


Also in typical boy form, they did some repair work to the truck at the park...



We finally painted our Chinese New Years dragons...


...and Colton decided to paint a streak in his hair too.  He's kind of fallen in love with it and has been making Mickey wash around it at bath time.  I'm worried for when they're teens...hopefully they're getting it out of their systems now...


The boys did some landscaping work around the property too... 


If you need coconut removal, they're your guys...


They've been really interested in helping out in the kitchen.  One morning, Colton made his own scrambled egg...


...with help, or course.  

We've also been really into the legos this week...


 We made our weekly trip to the library to stock up on books.  I love watching the boys explore them together.  By the end of a week of having the books at home, they can pretty much read them all themselves...memorized, of course, not actually reading...


We checked out a new library this week, the one in Jensen Beach, where they had some discovery bins we had some fun with...


What's not to love about bugs and dinos??

They also had a computer there that caught the boys' attention....I still have mixed emotions about kids and electronics.  They're such zombies when they come into contact with computers and it's SOOO hard to disengage...


I'm old school, I know.  But a lot of times, old schools not so bad, is it??

Not only did we check out a new library, we checked out a new park too... 




The park under the Jensen Beach causeway is FANTASTIC!  Great equipment, great view, no sand and incredible breezes...


We'll be back for sure!
This morning was spent with a couple little friends of ours... 


...I got my baby fix, that's for sure.  I had fun but think I'll wait just a little bit longer for baby number 3.  I'll be ready one day though...the kids sure were cute all together.  




No comments:

Post a Comment