Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Soaking Up the Sun on A Long Weekend

I know everyone probably hates me for saying it, but the weather here has been ABSOLUTELY gorgeous the last few days...an especially nice bonus to a three day weekend.  Needless to say, we've spent every free second soaking up the sunshine in our wonderful little town.

We kicked off Saturday morning with a bike ride to run some errands which resulted in a serious flat for Mickey's bike...


...I couldn't contain the giggles as we pedaled back home, taking the shortest route possible while praying the wheel didn't fall off.  Fun times!

I spent the rest of my morning working a catering job while Mickey and the boys had guy time...which obviously included a trip to purchase a new inner tube for the bike.  They had the grill going when I got back home and we enjoyed a late lunch poolside.  YUM!

While the boys napped we tackled our P90X3 MMX workout.  It was the first time we'd done that one together due to scheduling and it was entertaining to struggle through it together.  At least we're both pretty uncoordinated...lol.

The Olympics, martinis and homemade pizza were our entertainment of choice that night.  Those athletes are as close as we'll ever get to superheroes in my opinion.  They're amazing!!  It was a great day!

Sunday we gave the bikes another shot and this time headed to the park...


...we stopped for cookies and coffee on the way home at our new favorite Sunday stop...



...Importico's Bakery.  Good cookies + good coffee = happy Plankers :-)  

While enjoying our treats, we got inspired to plant a garden and headed home to grab the car for a ride to Home Depot.  Home Depot is never lacking in entertainment for our two bucketheads...


...silly boys!  We bought all the goods to get some tomatoes, strawberries, napa cabbage, basil and bell peppers growing.  Now here's to hoping we reap the literal fruits of our labor.  I think I may give zucchini a try too...we'll see.  Florida gardeners, what are you having the most luck with???  

When the boys resisted a nap, we loaded up the stroller for a family run.  I love when our whole crew gets to hit the road together.  The rest of our Sunday evening involved homemade chili, a fire, and Mickey's home brew...



....and the Olympics, a winning combination if I may say so myself.

Sunday evening, we got the fabulous news that Mickey got to have President's Day off.   It was nice to have a more relaxed start to our Monday morning.  I squeezed in a quick P90X3 Eccentric Upper workout before making a smoothie and tackling the day.  

After spending our morning with our play group since it was my turn to work, we grabbed Mickey and headed to the beach...


We couldn't have asked for a better beach day.  It was PERFECT!!!  We had a ton of fun playing in the sand...


and checking the waves...


I especially love when Mickey comes with us because I get a chance to close my eyes and soak up the sun for a little bit.  If it wouldn't have been for our rumbling tummies, we would have stayed all day. Eventually, it was time to pack up and we headed off for a late lunch at Duffys.  There's something wonderful about going to lunch and sitting outside with sandy toes in February.   Life is good!!

Today kicked off bright and early with the oh so challenging P90X3 Triometrics workout.  If you don't feel the burn from that workout, there's something seriously wrong with you.  I truly believe I must have completed at least 500 squats.  It's brutal...but only 30 minutes.  You can do anything for 30 minutes, right???

The rest of our day continued with our usual Tuesday morning story time.  Once again, it was a beautiful day for it.  The featured stories were...


Hello, Hello by Miriam Schlein is a fabulous book for learning about the different ways animals greet each other.  My boys and I have been enjoying it daily since we checked it out from the library.  I Love My Mommy by Sebastian Braun is such a sweet book about the parent/child relationship.  It's simple enough for the youngest child and the animal artwork keeps it engaging.  They are both great books.  

We spent the rest of our morning hanging out with our dear friends "Aunt" Sheryl and "Uncle" Tom...


...they treated the boys to chocolate milk and donuts while letting them play with matchbox cars and walking sticks.  The boys were in HEAVEN!!!  

Now, I'm just waiting for the boys to wake up so we can head right back outside.  This weather is just too good to pass up.  I'm thinking a little jog might be in order...we'll see.





















No comments:

Post a Comment