Search This Blog

Monday, November 18, 2013

A Quick Thought

Usually in my haste to empty the inbox, I skim through all my emails, checking for important things, deleting more and more emails every day, even subscriptions to blogs I love reading, just because there simply isn't enough time to read them all.  This morning, the title of this one peaked my curiosity and I'm glad I clicked on it and let the author speak to me...

Check out here fantastic post here.

Lately, I've really been finding myself struggling with feeling like I'm failing miserably at this whole mothering thing.  I fumble over my words with conscious discipline, I get tired and sometimes let my consistency slip, I give in to the boys more than I should, I find myself frustrated more often than I care to admit,  I catch myself being very selfish and then feel guilty about it, etc.  Being critical of myself can become a very vicious cycle for me and I was letting it get the best of me.  This blog gave me encouragement this morning when I really needed it.  This was my favorite part...
So why do we try so hard to be perfect? It’s our imperfection that brings us to our knees; eye level with the ones that are watching us all the time. It is our imperfection that brings out beauty in our mothering. It is our imperfection that makes us realize we can’t do it alone. We have a perfect God that can take our imperfection and use it to make our children something great.
As soon as you know you’re imperfect, you are becoming a great mother. Our imperfection should draw our eyes to Christ’s perfection and allow Him to do the work in us…daily!
Being confident in this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.—Philippians 1:6
It was  EXACTLY what I needed to be reminded of today.  Not only have I been overly critical of myself and others, especially my husband, I have been trying to do it all without remembering who's really in charge and keeping my eyes and heart focused on Him.  Things never turn our well when I try to take over rather than letting God do his work.  For some reason, I never seem to remember that.  I'm my own worst enemy sometimes.  I can't do it alone and thank God I don't have to...literally. It was a wonderful reminder, Natalie.  I am grateful!!  God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment