Search This Blog

Monday, November 18, 2013

A Fun Family Weekend

We got lucky and my parents and sister graced us with our presence over the weekend.  We took advantage of the gorgeous weekend and spent most of Saturday outside.  We kicked off our Saturday with the Veterans Memorial Bridge 5k.  It was a fantastic race!  Miriam and I were both speedy enough to win our age groups, which made things even more exciting.



It was the first time I've ever spent any portion of a race in front of Mickey.  He stayed ahead of me for the first mile, but then I kicked it in on the bridge and was able to pass him.  I didn't keep enough energy in the tank for the final push and he was able to pass me at the very end but I was less than 10 seconds behind him.  It felt good!   Pushing that stroller pays off....those boys may be riding til they're 10 haha!!  Cheers...


We spent most of the rest of our day hanging out at Stuart's first seafood fest.  The boys had fun checking out the rides in the kids zone...




....as well as the crafts...




...and we had a great time watching them and just spending quality time together...


The beer and food were pretty delicious too.

The bummer of the weekend was my mom getting sick on Saturday night.   That darn bug is really making the rounds these days.  It's bad enough to be sick at home, but to be sick on vacation is even more frustrating.

Miriam and I kicked of Sunday morning with a 10 mile run before scurrying off to church.  It was the perfect way to start our Sunday.  I wish I always had her around to keep me company on my long runs. I'm excited to run with her in January for her first half marathon.  She's gonna rock it!

The boys learned about Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego in the fiery furnace...


...and have been talking about fire ever since.  LOL!

After a couple of errands, we spent the rest of the day around the house, relaxing with Aunt Miriam and Grandpa...



...and baking pumpkin muffins...


I even made my own puree this time.  YUM!! 

Today was a catch-up day after the weekend, the highlight of which was a trip to the car wash...


...the boys LOVED watching all the cars come through.  Fun times!  They also had fun playing with their friends and making some cute turkeys...


...you better believe they think the orange, red, and yellow on the turkeys is supposed to be fire...silly boys!  They'll never forget that story from Sunday School.  I love knowing that they paid attention.










No comments:

Post a Comment