Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Christmas Decorations, a 5k, the Air Show, Family Fun and More...

To say last weekend was a lot of fun would be an understatement....here's a glimpse into all the excitement we packed in...tis the season after all, right??...

We kicked off Friday morning with a trip to BJs where the highlight of the outing was this giant snowman...


...the boys are already getting amped up for Christmas and everything that comes with it.  Who can blame them??  I'm excited too!

After some quick shopping, we hit up the library for the family place...


...Miss Lisa and her activities are always a winner in our book.  We get lots of practice in sharing and using our words while we're there too...good stuff!!

We spent our evening kicking butt at a local 5k...


...Mickey and I both won our age groups and had a great time racing.  It was fun to run at the airport while the air show was going on.

Saturday kicked off with a trip to Home Depot to build some ships...


...I'm pretty sure the paint was the best part, in their opinion.  They had fun and were so proud!

You better believe we had to spend some time checking out the Christmas gear there as well...


...I'm pretty sure they're convinced if you have a rocking horse, a dancing santa, and some piano playing winter creatures, you've got all you need to have yourself a merry little Christmas.  They were in HEAVEN checking it all out.  We spent at least 20 minutes taking it all in...good times!  

I decided to get in the spirit of things and indulge in my first skinny peppermint mocha of the season as well...


...DELISH!!

After a quick stop at the gym, we spent the rest of our Saturday around the house before joining some friends for a backyard bbq in this gorgeous fall weather.  After that fun night, I'm convinced we should be including a bbq in every weekend from now until next summer.  It's such easy, family-friendly fun.

Sunday morning kicked off with a run with my favorite running buddy...


...before heading off to church.  The boys are really getting into the whole sunday school thing...


...apparently even Bible characters like to climb trees, just like the boys  Check out how they kept the color mostly on the trees...making progress!  Seriously, I love that we're all happy at our church.   It's a great place!

We spent most of the rest of our Sunday at the air show, or airplane show as the boys call it...


...the boys loved all the planes and helicopters on the ground...in the air was a little bit of a different story at first but they got used to it.  We survived the whole time without a stroller too.   We're moving up in the world!  

We spent a lazy Sunday evening watching a movie.   It was a LOVELY day!!

It was back to reality on Monday with an EARLY trip to the gym for some weights and the elliptical.  I love getting my workout out of the way.  After breakfast, it was time for play group for the boys while I ran some errands and pampered myself a bit with a massage.  Too bad I can't get one of those every week...my back finally feels great today.  Maybe I need to sign Mickey up for massage therapy school so he can take care of me even more...lol.  I wish!!

We managed to squeeze in a quick trip to the park too before it was time for lunch...


...it was SOOOO windy out there yesterday and the boys thought it was fantastic.  

I rounded out my day with a little tutoring which always makes me smile, some laundry, some cooking, and some family time.

Today started bright and early again with a lovely run in the rainy weather...


...what can I say, we're die-hards, lol!

We managed to squeeze in story time today in between rain showers.  Today's features were...


and


...two silly stories about silly animals.  What's not to love??

We also had a fantastic time at music class and managed to squeeze in a quick trip to the library and the fresh market before lunch....



...can't pass up those Tuesday deals.  I see pork on the menu this week.  I'm excited about my new vanilla maple coffee too.  YUM!!

Looks like a rainy rest of the day...perfect for vacuuming and painting my nails before the boys wake up.   Life is good.






No comments:

Post a Comment