Search This Blog

Monday, October 28, 2013

Yellow Ribbon Weekend Etc.

It's Monday and I feel like we skipped right over the weekend without getting a break.  I hate playing catch-up on a Monday, but what can you do??  Right now I'm making the choice to slap a smile on my face and hope this week flies by so we can enjoy our busy weekend next weekend :-)

Thanks to the military, we spent our weekend at a Yellow Ribbon ceremony in Orlando.  I'm not gonna lie, the meetings were a bit boring, except for this part where the boys were on stage :-)  ....


...but the accommodations were nice, including the playground...



...the beds...



...and the elevators and escalators the boys couldn't get enough of...haha...


Luckily,  they gave us some family time which was fantastic...


...including some fun at Downtown Disney at the lego store...


...and the disney store...


...even Mickey got in on the fun while checking out the periscopes... 


...we even squeezed in a little happy hour while listening to some live music... 


Of course the boys don't sit still for long but they loved running and climbing all around the dock area...



...oh, and the boys even made some fun new artwork with the other military kids while we sat in meetings...


...they had a GREAT time!  All in all, I'd say it was a successful event.

We even managed to squeeze in a quick trip to visit Miriam in DeLand which included a run to check out her neighborhood and move my body a bit after sitting all weekend and a yummy lunch too.  I can't believe I forgot to take pictures!!  We'll just have to get back there sometime soon to make up for it.  

Today kicked off with a EARLY trip to the gym for an elliptical and arms workout...


...I'm pretty sure I was asleep for the first half of it...lol.

After breakfast, we hit the road for play group for the boys while I ran some errands and got my teeth all shined up at the dentist.  I wish I could get my teeth cleaned monthly.  I love that feeling.

Thankfully I didn't get a report that my boys were bullies today.  They made some lovely artwork this morning too, don't you think ;-)...


...it's fun to see how they're starting to get the idea of trying to color certain parts of the picture.  Colton did manage to get the sun yellow :-)  and Mason made a beautiful orange bird.  Watching them develop is so much fun!

You know what else is fun???  Have them read to me like they did after lunch today...


...reading readiness skills at their 2 1/2 year old finest...I LOVE IT!!!  Life it good...now back to playing catch-up on my chores...reminding myself to be grateful that we have so many clothes to fold and so much food to be prepped.  God is good!








No comments:

Post a Comment