Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Busy, Busy, Busy...

'Tis the season for nonstop activities and yesterday was no exception.  I kicked off my morning with a lovely run with my running buddy...


...I agree, MapMyRun, that we did a "good job."  :)  I live for my morning runs with my great friend...they are a gift!!  

Our next stop was Story Time.  It's Halloween week so of course we had to read some appropriate stories.  Yesterday's features were...


and


I have to say....my little story time friends are AMAZING.  Both of my choices were a little longer than my usual stories and the kids did a GREAT job listening.  Fun stuff!!  

After Story Time, it was time to head to music class.  Miss Rabe was fantastic as usual, always keeping things interesting.  She let them explore a variety of instruments which was a huge hit with the boys...


...and then let them each take a turn playing the didgeridoo... 


I didn't catch Colton in action actually playing the instrument, but that's him on the floor with his ear to the opening.  He thought it was a riot!!  

Colton also never passes up an opportunity to play the guitar...


...but Mason was out of sorts and stuck to the comfort of my lap...maybe next time.  

On our way home, we squeezed in a trip to the fresh Market for some chicken...it was Tuesday after all, and it's hard to beat their prices on Tuesdays.  We also got to check out Mason and Colton's coloring contest entries hanging on the wall...


...yep, that's them on the top left and top right corners of the display.  Their first gallery showing...lol.

We also picked up their new sales ad.  I get excited for all the yummy stuff this time of year...


...lots of good deals coming up too...



We spent the rest of our day at home, finding lots of ways to entertain ourselves, including some coloring thanks to gifts from Mimsy...


Before I knew it, it was dinner time which meant a girls night out for me with some of my girlfriends to celebrate Cecilia's birthday at the Deck restaurant...


...it was fun to get out and catch up with everyone and you obviously can't beat the view... 


I'm grateful for my amazing friends!

While I was off hanging out with my friends, Mickey was hanging out with the boys, decorating our front door...


...he does good work, huh?  Now it even has teeth on it too.  Fun stuff!

Now it's Wednesday and I kicked it off in my typical fashion, with a trip to the gym to crank out some miles on the elliptical while trying to make some progress on my book club read...


...I finished up with some lower body light weights before calling it a day.  

Now it's time to brace myself for the craziness of the day...MOPS, produce, story time, and pumpkin carving will be keeping me busy today.  Fun times here in Plankerville.   Have a LOVELY day.  








No comments:

Post a Comment