Search This Blog

Friday, October 25, 2013

Tons O Fun

We've struck gold in the fun department around here the last couple of days.  Wednesday night found us discovering some new tricks with our "monster truck" track....




...before enjoying some fabulous weather at a fun story time at Blue Door where the featured stories were...


and...

...I'd say we're officially in the holiday spirit at story time.  Fun times!!

We even had time to hang around for a bit afterwards and sip on some adult beverages while chatting with friends.  Thank goodness for family friendly venues and well-behaved kiddos.

Thursday morning kicked off bright and early with a fantastic run with a friend in the crisp, cool weather...


...I felt like I could have run all morning.  It's been a while since I've felt that way and it was FABULOUS!  

We spent the rest of our morning tackling chores around the house, including this Pinterest bone breadsticks fail...


...terrible, huh??  Back to the drawing board for our halloween treats...

Once our chores were done, we headed off  to join some friends at the Children's museum...


Mickey and I got a little bit of a date night while the boys played with the neighbors while we had an evening out at a Conscious Discipline parenting class with Ginner Luther followed by a yummy dinner without kids at Carsons.  Yay for alone time with my husband.   

This morning, I skipped my usual super-early morning workout in favor of a little more time in bed.  It was glorious!  I ended up tackling a little Shaun T T25 workout while the boys cheered me on before we headed our for some fun at YMCA sportsworld courtesy of the Library's Family Place program...


...the boys had SOOOO much fun.  They are really starting to catch on to all the activities and love the challenges.  Mason even finally braved the block pit after telling me all week he wasn't going anywhere near it.  Conquering fears...I love it!!!  They are so much fun to watch and play with!!

The weather was just begging us to be outside so after gymnastics, we regrouped at home before heading out for a run to the park...


....the boys had fun with the park all to themselves, pretending to be pirates on the pirate ship...


...Colton and Mason love to consult the map to decide how to find the treasure.  Then the shout ahoy to everything they see...


...their imaginations are really taking off and it's incredibly fun to watch them play together.  They really make quite a team.  

Now I'm enjoying a bit of downtime and counting my blessings before the busyness of the weekend settles upon the Planker household.    I'm learning to take advantage of the opportunities for rest when they come cause who knows when the next one will come my way.  







No comments:

Post a Comment