Search This Blog

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Fun in the Kitchen, Etc.

It is incredibly awesome to have the opportunity to be stroller-free on some runs these days.  My boys sleep in and I get out there early while my awesome husband holds down the fort at home.  It's fantastic!!  It's also incredibly awesome that I have a running buddy in the neighborhood who I chat away with while we run.  It helps make the miles fly by.  We kicked off our morning bright an early with another 6 mile run.  It's going to be even better when daylight savings rolls around as the weather continues to cool off.  Yay fall!!!

After breakfast and a shower, I rolled up my sleeves to get to work in the kitchen.  A friend had a baby and I always love an excuse to cook for new moms.  On the menu.......mashed potato-topped meatloaf...


...compliments of the recipe from this magazine...


...which is FULL of fantastic ideas for halloween, by the way.  Good stuff!

I also whipped up some honey-glazed carrots...


...using this tried and true recipe.  YUM!  And for dessert, I frosted up the sugar cookies I made last night...


I used this new recipe and may or may not have licked the bowl clean when I was done.  YUM!

I hope having dinner ready to go makes their day a little easier.  It warms my heart to be able to do it.

Once I got the kitchen all cleaned up, we loaded up and headed off to run some errands.  Check out these fun hats we stumbled upon at Old Navy while browsing their stuff and sale event...


The bills even open to make them even cooler...


Between these hats and their new pirate hats, the boys may never be without a hat on any time soon.

The little hams couldn't get enough of the camera...


Fun times!

Time to catch up on some chores around the house...one can only avoid it for so long, right??  The boys helped me get a head start before nap time...


After a non-stop couple of days, we're looking forward to some down time for our family tonight.  Woohoo!


  

















No comments:

Post a Comment