Search This Blog

Monday, August 12, 2013

Weekend With Miriam

What a fun weekend thanks to a visit from my sister, Miriam.  I'm so happy I have a sibling in Florida now!!!   Here's a glimpse into some of our fun:

We kicked off our Saturday morning with a nice little run...


...it was HOT out there.  The highlight of my run was having my sister for company.  The highlight of the run for the boys was getting to see these lovely vehicles around the corner from our house...


...boys and trucks.  I'll never understand.  Haha

After showers and breakfast, we hit up Lowe's for their Build and Grow program...

I think it's pretty amazing that with all that hammer swinging, the only injury was a knick to my finger which was self-inflicted trying to fix a mistake we made.  Woops!!  Looks like the one we need to watch out for is the klutzy mom.

We tried to make it to story time at Barnes and Noble but were too late.  They did give the boys a cookie, though.  All was not lost.  Since we didn't get our entertainment fix there, we decided to hit up Target since Miriam no longer has one close by.  We found some fun hats to try on...


...and might have stopped at Starbucks on our way out of the store...


They love their chocolate milk!!

After a couple more errands stops, it was time to call it a morning.  After lunch, the boys got to nap while we sat by the pool painting our nails with our clearance finds from our Target outing...


...mint green nails are fun, don;t you think??  Miriam was good company, as you can see....


...just kidding.  She probably got bored when I ditched her to go on a massive weed-killing missing with the new round-up I bought at Lowes.  That new bottle is pretty sweet and I got aggressing with the out-of-control weeds in my yard.


I can't wait to have my regular yard guy back soon.  He's the best!! 

After naps, it was time for the mandatory bike ride I make all visitors take with me.  The boys LOVE biking and I never pass up a chance to get them out on the road with the wind in their hair...


Don't they have the coolest helmets ever??  I'm so glad they don't mind them.


We love Aunt Miriam!!

We finished up our night with dinner at Carsons and a movie once the boys were in bed.  


I was disappointed.  It wasn't the funny movie I was hoping it would be.  Oh well!

We kicked off Sunday with iced coffee for the ladies and donuts for the boys...


before grabbing a quick car wash on our way to hit up the local waterpark, Sailfish Splash...


The boys weren't crazy about most of the attractions there but they did enjoy splashing in the shallow section with us.  One of these days they'll learn to love swimming...

After swimming, we grabbed DELICIOUS caramel apples from Kilwins for a snack.  YUM! 
The other highlight of our day was a little bbq at a friend's house.  A margarita, some chicken wings, and chips with salsa and guac with good friends.  What's not to love?!   

Before we knew it, it was time to say goodbye to Miriam.  I hate goodbyes and they never seem to get easier.  Counting down the days to our next visitor...the fun never ends.

Today was action-packed as well, less in the fun department, and more in the productive department...work hard, play hard, right??  We kicked off our morning with a run...


It was HOT out there.  I stopped at walked for about a half mile at the 5 mile point but ended up running one more mile to stick to my goal of 6 miles for today.  Mission accomplished!!

After cleaning up and refueling, we hit up the library for story time...



We picked up some new books too before heading off to our next stop to restock some groceries.  We came home with very hungry bellies.  Once our rumbly tummies were satisfied, it was naptime for the boys and go time for me.  I tackled the weeds again, the dishes, laundry, and the bathrooms...mostly stuff I hate doing but love when it's done.  Glad it's done for the time being...

Time to fold the last load and hopefully kick my feet up for a bit before the boys wake up...I'm almost done with my book...



...and looking forward to our next book club pick.  Hope it's a good one.  










 



No comments:

Post a Comment