Search This Blog

Friday, August 9, 2013

Finally Friday!!!

We made it to Friday!!!  Woo-hoo!  Miriam is on her way and we're looking forward to a fun weekend with her.  In the mean time, we've made the most of the last 24 hours doing some fun stuff, like playing with our new bat cave...


(aren't hand-me-down toys great??)

Last night, we also got to join our friends for dinner at the Outback.  We followed it up with some delicious fro-yo from Orange Leaf.  That wedding cake stuff is delish!!  I'm trying it with the nerds next time.  I used to get nerds blizzards every time we went to Dairy Queen as a kid.  I hope it's as yummy as I remember...

There's nothing like good food and great friends to brighten your day!!  It was a great way to celebrate my anniversary too while I wait to celebrate VERY soon with my man.  That's right...we've been married 4 years now and what a wild ride it has been.  I can't wait to see what excitement is in store for us in the coming years.  God is good!!

This morning kicked off bright and early with a crying Colton.  Poor guy took his diaper off part way and ended up with a wet bed.  I started my day with laundry before my COFFEE and breakfast...not exactly the way I had planned to start my day but worse things have happened.

Our first stop of the morning was to the Fresh Market to score some Ahi Tuna during their Friday sale.  Of course, we had to visit the lobsters...


...and you know me, we can't leave the store with out some Kombucha...


...we might have got some sea salt and caramel popcorn too.  I can't wait to try it!!

Our next stop was a fun play date with a couple of friends before we headed off to the gym.  I spent an HOUR on the elliptical, something I don't do very often these days, but it all happened because I got so caught up reading this book...


I can't put it down.  Such a great read!!

I finished up with some quick lower body weights before heading out of there.  We had a quick stop at the library to restock our stash of books before heading home for lunch.  Today's featured was quite tasty if I do say so myself...


Sauteed spinach and homemade sesame chicken that knocked the socks off the take-out stuff and was unbelievably easy thanks to this great recipe.  Budget Bytes never lets me down.  I love her recipes!!

I also ate some more of those delicious black grapes I got yesterday and a couple bites of this addictive stuff...


...the boys and I love it!!  SOOO good!

Since I was a good girl and got all my chores done, I get to spend nap time doing some more reading while I wait for Miriam to get here.  Lucky me!  Have a lovely weekend!!



No comments:

Post a Comment