Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Books Books Books

After a fantastic day yesterday, I got to end it all with a lovely night out with my book club.  I LOVE my book club!!  I love our discussions, the different perspectives and insights, getting to know some friends better, the night out to take a break from reality, all of it!  Even a book we disliked led to a fantastic discussion.  I'm already looking forward to our next get-together to discuss...


I'll let you know what I think.  By the way, I just finished my other book this morning while I got in my cardio on the elliptical and HIGHLY recommend it...


I'm a sucker for memoirs and this one didn't let me down.  Check it out ASAP!!

In other book news, today's story time features were...


The boys and I love this one for it's great rhymes and  Marc Brown's fantastic artwork.


We love pretty much everything by Margaret Wise Brown...especially this one since it involves fire trucks...and fat ladies being rescued...heehee.

I continue to be blown away by our great turnouts despite how ridiculously hot it is outside.  I'm truly grateful for everyone's interest and support.  We love our story time friends!!!

Besides story time, today's other adventures involved a trip to PetSmart, which is always a hit thanks to the rodents and fish we get to see, a quick stop at Big Lots for their cheap coconut milk which I ADORE in my coffee, and a trip to the gym for some upper body work and cardio.

We returned home in time for a play date with great friends and a bonus visit from another friend who came bearing iced coffee, chocolate milk and munchkins...oh and an adorable dog too.  We had a little bit of heaven at our house this morning.  It really is the little things in life.  We're blessed by some amazing friends and I hope I never take them for granted.

Nap time for the boys today has involved lots of surface areas for me...mowing and vacuuming to be exact.  (Thank goodness by boys can sleep through the vacuum.)  Now it's time to veg out a bit before it's back to being Mommy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment