Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Snuggles and Splashes

I'm not sure why, but sleepy-time has been a bit rocky in these parts the last few days...I'm trying to look on the bright side and enjoy the extra snuggle time...easier said than done most times though...

 

We've definitely had some entertaining moments thrown in there too, thank goodness, like this serenade from the boys...


...and a trip to the water park with our friends today...


I wish I could say it was relaxing...but we did have a good time.  Maybe in a couple of years I can kick back and just watch my kids play but for now it's pretty hands on...a different kind of fun.  Kind of like going out to eat with them...which we also did.  I'm pretty sure we're a special kind of birth control for anyone observing us.  Life is crazy these days!!  We're glad we have friends who understand the craziness of our double blessings in their 2-year-old phase. 

Check out our big helpers leaving the water park...

  

...good thing they've got 14 more years to master their steering skills before they hit the road in a car.

The craziness of motherhood is all the more reason I make sure I get my workouts in, like my incredibly HOT 4 mile run this morning which made the water park that much more refreshing...


I'm not breaking any records but I'm glad I'm still getting out there and racking up the miles.  

We all earned our nap-time today and I've been enjoying the quiet.  I also got to get in a little tutoring session.  I like those little bursts of teaching.  I can't imagine working full time and balancing it all, but I sure do like working one-on-one a few times a week with some students. 

We're looking forward to seeing our story time friends tonight.  Speaking of looking forward to things, we're looking forward to a certain someone getting home very, very soon.  Feeling giddy in Plankerville.  Woohoo!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment