Search This Blog

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Saturday Smiles, Sweat, Splashes and Such

Check out what I found when I went to get the boys out of their beds this morning...
 

 ..their new favorite thing is to climb into each other's beds and play together.  What a cool thing to have a built in best friend!  I hope they never take their unique bond for granted.

We kicked off our morning right with a yummy breakfast which included some absolutely perfect raspberries...



 ...lucky me, the boys don't like them, so I got the whole container to myself.  Yum!!  The boys were quite happy with a banana and half a bagel...


I couldn't convince them that my sugar-free, dark chocolate avocado muffins were any good...even with a little sprinkle of powdered sugar to try to entice them...


...I can't blame them.  They weren't as good as I'd hoped.  Doesn't the cookie version look good on this blog??  The only change I made was to sub honey for the sugar.  Bummer!!

After breakfast, we headed to the gym.  I kicked my own butt with some full-body weights and sprints. It was fantastic.  We finished off our time at the gym with a dip in the pool.  It was fantastic to see smiles on the boys faces...





...they actually got upset when it was time to go.  That's a refreshing change from our previous swimming experiences.

 Our next stop was the Fresh Market for a couple groceries.  Of course we have to visit the lobsters...


...that last stop must have been the icing on the cake, because this is what happened on the short trip home from the store... 


...since we have yet to master the sleeping transition from the car seats to the beds, I drove around for a bit to let them sleep.  With shorter naps than usual, it looks like we may have an interesting afternoon in store for ourselves.  Early bed times here we come...I see some movie watching in our near future.  We earned it, right?  Happy Saturday!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment