Search This Blog

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Jam-Packed Days

Our days have been jam-packed lately...just the way I like them when I'm trying to keep myself distracted.  We've spent some time playing outside in the new castle our lovely friend and neighbor snagged for us from another neighbor's trash pile...



They're so awesome that they even put it together for us.  We owe them!  It's a huge hit with the boys.  While outside, we've been playing with the bubbles alot too...


...this is their favorite bubble wand.  They love to remind me that I'm not very good at making bubbles. It's pretty funny.


We got a chance to go bowling yesterday morning...



I had no idea how much fun the boys would have doing it.  Those ramps are fantastic and they boys had a blast lugging the balls around and pushing them down the ramp.  So cute!!!  We'll definitely be doing that again soon.

The arcade was a huge hit too...


...we didn't even have to put money in for the boys to be entertained. I know that won't last long...I'll embrace it while I can.

Lunch with friends was fun too...


...they were too busy eating to look at the camera.  

Yesterday, the boys got new jackets from Daddy...


... they are a huge hit!  Too bad it's too hot to wear them right now.  Or at least I thought so...Colton wore his ALL afternoon and was then thrilled that he could unzip it and take it off himself.  Such a big boy...rosy cheeks and all.  

This morning, I got in a HOT, SLOW run with my favorite running buddy.  I'm glad I was able to check that off the list.  Summer running is torture but I'm glad I have a buddy to help get me out there.  After breakfast, we hit the road for some errands and scored some $6 swimsuits at Old Navy...


...now if I could just convince the boys that swimming is not torture...hopefully this weekend will be helpful since we have lots of fun in the sun planned.  

After our errands were done, it was time to tackle produce day.  Now my fruit drawer is beyond stocked with pluots...

...they are SOOO darn good!!

While sorting, I managed to drop the wooden cutting board onto my toe.  This is not going to be pretty poolside...


...I hope it stops bleeding soon.  I have a feeling my toenail is going to be saying adios and I'm not too happy about that.  So much for a pedicure...trying to count my blessings that at least it's not broken.  I am such a klutz!

Time to prop it up for as long as I can until the boys wake up.  Might have to make it a movie night tonight. :-)  I'm sure the boys won't mind.  











No comments:

Post a Comment