Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Whole30 Day 30 - I Made It!!

It's Day 30 of my Whole30 experiment and I am happy to say I not only survived it but am feeling fantastic and optimistic about maintaining most of the habits I picked up over the past month.  My energy is great, my stomach feels great, I'm not hungry all the time, and my sweet tooth seems to have lost its hold on me.  I am really hoping that outcome sticks!  30 days of absolutely no sweeteners, real or artificial, and I gotta admit, even though I'm be "allowed" to eat sweets again tomorrow, it's not the first thing I'll be reaching for.  I'm hoping to save those splurges for special occasions worthy of the splurge.  I absolutely recommend the Whole30 challenge to everyone.  Out of all the eating plans I've tried, it seems to be the easiest to sustain and the healthiest way to recharge your system.  Stick out the first couple weeks and you'll be glad you did.

Our day was pretty ordinary yesterday, but wonderful all the same.  It started out with a typical breakfast these days...


(Eggs, avocaado, sauteed onions, and some roasted red peppers.)

Then, the boys were off for some fun with friends at camp...


I'm pretty sure someone did the coloring for Mason on this one :-)

While they were at camp, I did my usual Tuesday thing starting with Story time.  It was pretty weird to run the show without my little sidekicks.  Our featured stories were...


I just had to do one last week with Tony Mitton and Ant Parker :-)  

My next stop was the gym for some upper body work and some time on the treadmill aka dreadmill...



...it's too darn hot to run outside unless I get out there early.

I ran some errands and before I knew it, it was time to get the boys and head home for lunch...


(Chicken and shrimp curry...leftovers.  Actually even better reheated.)

The rest of our day was pretty lazy and we spent most of our night cuddling on the couch, reading books and playing...


Not a bad way at all to spend the evening.  Oh, and dinner was pretty yummy too...


(Blackened halibut, sweet potato with cinnamon, and some kale salad.)

We all went to bed early and slept in a little longer than usual this morning.  Guess we're all tired.  We got to chat with Mickey and eat breakfast...


(Eggs, broccoli, and avocado.)

...before hitting the road for day 3 of camp.  Colton maintained his rebel status, apparently and refused to color and decorate the bricks...


While the boys did their thing, I hit up the elliptical for a bit before heading to the beach again...


Having my toes in the sand never gets old.  It was a gorgeous morning for the beach.  I made some serious progress in my book this morning.  It's a good one!  I'm excited to see how it turns out.  


I left just in time...it started raining on me on my way to get the boys.  I tried out this yummy bar when my growling stomach called to me in the car...


I can't believe this is the first time I've tried this flavor.  It's my favorite larabar by far.  Check out the simple ingredients...


I might have to try making those myself in my vitamix.  YUM!

With the boys in tow, we headed home for lunch...


Last night my plans to go get wings fell through but I still had wings on the brain so I made some for myself this afternoon.  I just hit them with some salt and pepper, baked them for 45 minutes at 400 degrees, and then added hot sauce mixed with coconut oil and baked them for an additional 10 minutes.  Craving satisfied and whole30 approved!  I actually ended up eat double that amount of broccoli and dipping them in guacamole was a nice alternative to blue cheese...not the same but good nonetheless.    

I hope the weather cooperates and we can get in our bedtime stories story time tonight.  I have some good books to share...




...and a new bubble machine too!!

Time to tackle the rest of my to-do list.  Almost everything is crossed off.  Woo-hoo!!!  Happy Wednesday everyone.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment