Search This Blog

Monday, June 24, 2013

Sunday Recharge and A Great Start to the Week

We had a lovely lazy Sunday that left us ready to tackle the week today.  There's something truly wonderful about setting the tone for the week with church and family time on Sundays.  Our pastor gave a great message on being teachable.  He kicked it off with this hysterical video...


I was dying laughing.  He had some real wisdom to share with us about not letting things get in the way of learning.  Some stumbling blocks include...
  • always having to be right
  • desires that are more important than knowledge...knowing you should do something but choosing not to
  • fear of what's outside the box
  • being prideful
  • being competitive
He reminded us that we need to get rid of our stumbling blocks so that wisdom can be revealed to us through His word, the Holy Spirit, and people of God.  I know I have some areas I can work on and  I love that I left the service feeling inspired rather than defeated.  It's cool how the messages in church have been aligning with my Bible study I've been doing on my own in relation to this fantastic book...



He also presented us with the idea of reading the Proverb of the day - so on the first read Proverbs 1, on the second read Proverbs 2, etc.  I want to give it a shot next month.  Hopefully I remember...

We spent the rest of our day around the house which was totally fine with me.  

Day 28 of my whole30 experiment got off to a delicious start...


Eggs, sauteed spinach and roasted red peppers, caramelized onions, and avocado.  

The boys had some fun to tackle today at camp while I tackled some fun myself.  I hit up the gym and then headed to the beach to soak up some sun while enjoying my iced Americano while reading...


Thankfully, we all had a great time and the boys are excited for more fun activities like these...


Colton, the rebel, apparently didn't want a wooly sheep :-)

We came home ready for lunch.  Today's feature was a giant salad...


Romaine topped with roasted red peppers, olives, shrimp, and avocado dressing.  I also ate most of the container of blueberries.  They were like candy...I couldn't stop!

I got some serious work done while the boys napped and once they were awake,  we headed out to check out a little tucked away playground I noticed on my way home from the beach today.  The shade and lack of sand really caught my attention...


It was nothing extraordinary but we had a nice time and the boys got some exercise...a necessity in their lives just like it is in mine.  

We came home with hungry bellies ready to enjoy a yummy, simple dinner...


Seared steak along with sauteed spinach and a sweet potato with cinnamon and almond butter.  I ate every last bite.

Now this tired momma is heading to bed so I'm ready to tackle tomorrow.  Only 2 more days of my little experiment.  I can't believe I'm almost done...









No comments:

Post a Comment