Search This Blog

Friday, June 14, 2013

Scenes From the Past Couple of Days

We've had a busy couple of days.  Here's a glimpse into what we've been up to...


I just finished up day 18 of my Whole30 experiment.  Here's some of my meals from the last two days...


Made a great pulled pork using this recipe... made more gazpacho using this recipe...the fried eggs never get old...salads have been a mainstay too.  That steak salad I had for dinner tonight was TO DIE FOR tonight--spinach, sprouts, roasted tomatoes, carmelized onions, avocado dressing and steak...YUM!!!!!  To make it, I used a few recipes from the It Starts With Food book...


The perfect steak recipe and the creamy avocado dressing recipe are both definite keepers.  I've made the steak twice so far during my little experiment and plan to make it again. The boys and I ate the entire batch of avocado dressing with our dinner tonight.  It will be a staple in our house from now on I bet ...


I also had success with this homemade mayo approach which was the base of the avocado dressing...


I used olive oil to keep to the whole30 rules.  

The boys were good company while we dined...

Colton

Mason

We squeezed in a fun trip to the park yesterday. The truck is ALWAYS a hit...


...so is walking in circles around the playground on the wooden enclosure.  Monkey see monkey do...


I got in a quick run yesterday to get us to our park outing...


We squeezed in a trip to pick up the boys pottery along the way...


Isn't it funny how the top one looks like it has a sad face??  I didn't even notice that while they were painting.  Silly boys!

I got in a decent at-home workout today during naptime...


Yesterday was another successful Annie's Organic Buying Club produce day--my biggest group so far...


This was after some people had already picked up.  Yowza!!

We also made a trip to the mall with some friends to pick out some new shoes...




Watch out, they're fast!

 The boys rode some of the "rides" too while we were there...

The ice cream truck and the boat were the biggest hits. 

We scored some new jammies too...


Now the boys are sound asleep and it's time to call it a night myself too.  Got some fun plans we're all looking forward to tomorrow.  Yay!  Happy Father's Day weekend everyone!!!!!














No comments:

Post a Comment