Search This Blog

Monday, June 10, 2013

A Rest Day and Then Back to The Land of the Living

I think it's so interesting that some days I'm chomping at the bit to get out of the house, desperate for anything to entertain the 3 of us, while other days I'm desperate for a day where we never step off our property, leaving us to avoid the world for a while.  Yesterday was one of those reclusive days...  We spent a good portion of it poolside...


...or eating...


That green soup was a lovely gazpacho I tried out compliments of the recipe on Budget Bytes.  It was DELICIOUS!  The chicken salad involved my homemade paleo mayo which finally was a success.  Those chicken sausages were yummier than they look.  It was a pretty lazy day in the cooking department...pretty lazy all around.  I did manage to trim some bushes in the yard, vacuum, and clean the pool...but that's about the extent of my productiveness.  Sometimes, a rest day is just what the doctor ordered...especially when it allows time for silliness too...


...the boys had fun taking some self-portraits last night after dinner, messy faces and all.  

After a day at home yesterday, we were ready to adventurize a bit again today.  We had a slow start, enjoying coffee with my book study...


We're in week 2 and I'm still going strong.  I'm really enjoying the book...  



Once the boys were up, it was time for breakfast...

(3 eggs, sauteed spinach, carmelized onions, avocado, and mango.)

...and some chat time with Daddy before hitting the road with the stroller to head to the gym.  I got in an interval workout on the elliptical rotating 2 minutes of elliptical work with various leg exercises.  It kept me from getting bored and got the job done.  I finished up with some dropsets on the leg machines before calling it a day.  

Our next stop was the library for story time.  Remember when you were a kid and you came to school thinking it was going to be an ordinary day only to discover your favorite sub was there??  Today was one of those days for the boys.  The one and only Miss Lisa happened to be filling in as the leader for wiggles and giggles and the boys had a BLAST!


No one tops Miss Lisa at the library.  The boys are her #1 fans.  What a great surprise!!

After story time we were ready for lunch and headed home to refuel.  I'll spare you another photo of my chicken salad on spinach with tomatoes and mustard vinaigrette with a side of pineapple.   

Now it's nap time for the boys which means chore time for me...after I indulge myself with blogging of course.  Time to tackle some tasks.  Looking forward to finding out what my new book club book is tonight.  






No comments:

Post a Comment