Search This Blog

Thursday, June 20, 2013

A Little Bragging And Such

Mommy brag moment...check out what the boys did all by themselves yesterday while I was cooking in the kitchen...


I kept peeking in to check on them and they kept blowing my mind.  Check out their process...


Mason seemed to be running the show and Colton was his sidekick...


We had to move it to the floor when it got too big for the table...


Mason puts in the last piece...


They've always been puzzle fans but this is the first "big" one I've seen them tackle completely on their own.  Now they're begging for more puzzles.  I love how they love a challenge and it was fun to watch them work together and see the task through til the end.  They make me smile!

You know what else makes me smile, our new Bedtime Stories Story Time.  Last night was a success.  I'm so thrilled by the great turnouts we've been having.  Keep spreading the word....and imagine how lovely it's going to be in that courtyard come fall.    The cooler temps are definitely something to look forward to...got a few months to get through first though...we can do it!!!

It was nice to come home to dinner ready and waiting for me thanks to a little forethought...


Whole30 chili served over wilted kale and topped with avocado...YUM!


This morning kicked off bright and early.  I love how I've been waking up ready to go rather than feeling sluggish.  I still love my coffee but I love that I'm not desperate for it the moment my eyes open. I've even scaled back to just one cup most days...I used to drink 3.  Speaking of energy, now that my energy is back in full force, I might have gotten a little carried away at the gym yesterday...I'm SUPER sore today from yesterday's leg workout.  Oh well!  Gotta seize the moment, right??  And it's good to be sore every once in a while.  I spent my time in the gym today focusing on back and chest.  I also spent a little time on the elliptical to try to work out some of the soreness in my legs.

Day 24 of my whole30 experiment kicked off with a pretty uninspired breakfast...


Eggs over easy, leftover steamed broccoli and sauteed onions with half an avocado and a side of coffee with coconut milk.   Lunch was eaten while sorting the a huge delivery of produce.  It included leftover chicken, some roasted carrots, a steamed artichoke, and a big spoonful of coconut cashew butter for some healthy fats...random, but got the job done.

The boys gave organic corn dogs another try today for lunch...


They still only care about the ketchup...we've definitely entered the "choosey" phase when it comes to eating.  I'm having a hard time figuring out what they like besides pretzels, bread, cheese sticks, grapes and cookies...my good eaters are throwing me a major curveball.  I'm trying not to make it into a big deal but it's kind of driving me nuts... 

We were more than ready for our fresh delivery of produce today...this girl needs more greens!!!  Check out the first thing I made once everyone's shares were picked up...


...a big yummy green drink made with kale, lemon, and cucumber...just what the doctor ordered!!

There's some nasty weather rolling in so I'm thinking it's a good night to cuddle on the couch and watch a movie with my boys...ok maybe they'll watch a movie while I read a magazine, but we'll all be on the couch together.  That's my kind of Thursday night....looking forward to squeezing the entire family onto the couch soon.  











No comments:

Post a Comment