Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Mommy's Boat

Last night after hitting up the grocery store, we returned home to find this bad boy waiting for us on the front porch...


...deflated of course.  The boys "helped" me blow it up and after dinner, which was yummy by the way...


(butternut squash topped with cashew coconut butter, roast chicken, sauteed onions, and steamed broccoli...I was STUFFED!)

...we took it outside for a spin.  The boys thought nighttime swimming was super cool...

 


Colton braved the "boat" by riding on my lap but Mason wanted nothing to do with it.  Today he got a little more brave and tried it solo.  Colton did too and actually let me snap a photo of him...


That float, or "mommy's boat" as the boys refer to it, is going to make our summer much, much sweeter.  You know where I'll be each day during naptime... :-)

 I convinced the boys to take showers outside so the bedtime routine was quite easy.  We even had time to facetime with Mimsy and Grandpa before turning in for the night.  It was a FUN night.

This morning kicked off bright and early with a 5:00 wake-up call from Colton...Good thing I'm on day 23 of the Whole30 and have tons of energy :-)  We hung out in my bed for a while before giving up and venturing out to the living room with coffee in hand.  Sometimes the one-on-one time is kind of nice.  Colton ended up getting tired again right after Mason woke up and I managed to get him to go back to bed again for about an hour.  I scored one-on-one time with both my babies tonight...it's a rare, but very sweet thing.

Getting up so early made me ravenous and I inhaled this yummy breakfast...

3 eggs over easy, steamed broccoli, 1/2 an avocado, and some sauteed onions...I've been on an onion kick...love them!!!

After we were all awake and ready for the day, we hit the road with the stroller and headed for the gym...the round trip covered 3 miles and I got in a killer lower body workout in the middle of it all.  I have a feeling I'll be sore tomorrow...


I was especially sluggish heading home after that leg workout...3 slow miles is better than no miles.

We spent the rest of the morning out in the pool since it's too hot to do anything else but had to head in for lunch when the storm rolled in...


I was pretty ravenous once again...


Romaine topped with a chopped carrot, leftover roasted chicken, and lots of spicy olives with banana peppers.  I also had 2 of the apricots that are getting super juicy on my windowsill...



I can't believe I've been missing these little nuggets my whole life.  Fresh apricots are SOOOO much better than dried.

After lunch, this lovely mess happened while I tried to chat with my sister for a bit...


Why don't the boys ever spill water???  It's always chocolate milk.  It was a brutal reminder of how I cannot take my eyes of those two.  They're always looking for their next adventure...or mess.  No use crying over spilled milk right??  I had to keep telling myself that...

Nap time couldn't come soon enough after that.  Good thing Aunt Abigail helped pass the time with a FaceTime call.  Once they were down, I got to work in the kitchen...


Whole30 approved chili is simmering the stove, thanks to cheap ground sirloin at the Fresh Market yesterday, to be enjoyed post-Story Time.  I'm planning to serve it over wilted kale and top it with some avocado and call it good.  Don't worry, I have leftover sweet potatoes and chicken for the boys :-)  Easy-peasy...

Looking forward to sharing these bedtime stories with my little friends tonight at story time...


Hope the rain holds off.  Happy Hump Day!!  Time to catch up on some reading...
















No comments:

Post a Comment