Search This Blog

Friday, June 21, 2013

Happy Summer

Happy First Day of Summer!!!  Living in Florida, I think it's kind of anticlimactic, but it's worth acknowledging nonetheless.  I do love the laid-back ease of summer.  It gives me a little extra time to do the things I love, like read...


...paint my nails crazy colors...


...take the boys to art class...Check out today's jellyfish project...

Colton

Mason

...buy pool noodles at Target and knock things off the shelves while Mommy tries to shop...



...and eat Vidalia onions with almost every meal.  Haha!  I've finally figured out the secret to perfect juicy pork chops every time...seer then bake.  They turn out perfectly every time.  YUM!!!


I just seasoned them with salt and pepper, topped it with caramelized onions and served it alongside some avocado dip and butternut squash.  Delish!!!

Summer's apparently a good time for learning lessons, like maybe that giant green drink yesterday wasn't such a great idea.  Apparently there is such a thing as too much kale.  I certainly won't be juicing the entire bunch ever again.  Yikes!! We got off to a VERY slow start this morning but after some chill time and a cup of coffee, I started to feel like myself again and decided to give breakfast a try...


Day 25 of my whole30 experiment started off with fried eggs with lots of hot sauce (even with a queasy stomach I love things spicy...weird), wilted spinach with garlic, and a little avocado.  Looks like I need to caramelize some more onions...haha.

This morning I also learned there aren't a lot of rumbly-tummy-friendly options when you're on the whole30...no bread, sprite, crackers, etc.   I actually felt better after eating and decided to enjoy a pear as well.  Thank goodness, since I don't do parenting well when I'm not feeling well.

In addition to those crazy pool noodles, we also purchased some travel goodies while we were at Target...

We're planning to bring the dvd player (charged this time...woops!) and some books too.  Any other suggestions???

Of course this was a must on the way out of the store...


Iced Americanos are my new fave... so much better than regular iced coffee.


I had hoped to squeeze in a walk once we got home but it started raining so we decided to have lunch instead...


Can you tell I get lazy when I'm tired??...romaine topped with tuna, leftover roasted carrots, some olives and avocado dressing...it got the job done but was pretty lame.  I need to step it up for dinner tonight.  

Since I missed Spring cleaning, and now it's summer, I guess I'll forgo the major clean-up til next year.  Haha!  I did manage to finally get my weekly cleaning session done right after I put the boys down for their nap.  Since I didn't get a  run in, at least I got the house clean.  

Here's to hoping this weekend is another relaxing, gorgeous one like last weekend. It's my last official weekend on the Whole30.  You better believe there will be a glass or two of wine enjoyed next weekend.  I've actually dreamt about it.  It's the only thing I've really craved/missed through this whole experience, I think more for the forced relaxation that seems to accompany adult beverages than anything else.  I definitely see this way of eating as a new lifestyle for me, with a few splurges here and there, of course...and a little less kale.  :-)












No comments:

Post a Comment