Search This Blog

Saturday, May 4, 2013

I Might Be Obsessed With Food...

I have played around in the kitchen quite a bit in the past 24 hours.  Yesterday, while the boys were napping, as my post-workout snack (healthy, right? lol),  I tried a healthified version of puppy chow that Abigail told me about while she was visiting last weekend.  Can I just say, YUM!  Usually substitutes taste like, you know, substitutes, but this is just as good as the real deal.


Just microwave a tablespoon of peanut butter for 30 seconds, stir in 1 1/2 cups of the chocolate fiber 1 cereal, and sprinkle with 1-2 tablespoons of powdered sugar.  Enjoy!  


Trust me, you'll never miss the real deal after trying this stuff.  

Check out how cute the boys looked when they woke up from their nap...


You know you slept good when you wake up with hair like that!  They were due.  With renewed energy from a 3 hour nap, we decided to hit the park.  I missed out on my Starbucks happy hour yesterday thanks to that long nap but it was worth it since tired boys = crabby boys = unhappy hour for mommy.  Good thing the deal lasts til the 12th. I'm hoping to hit it up today.  

Last night was a perfect night to be outside...


 The boys were really into climbing last night and couldn't get enough of these steps and the slide it brought them to.  They worked up an appetite and I was glad I had thought ahead (I'm getting better at that...) and packed food for them for the stroller ride home.  It was devoured immediately.



We finished up our night with popcorn and the new Curious George movie...


Don't mind the glowing eye on Mason...it's just the result of an instagram filter, not an eye tumor, but I learned something interesting to watch for in terms of white eyes in pictures as a result of this one.  This article had an interesting perspective.  Anyways, after the movie, we all called it a night.  

This morning when I asked the boys what they wanted for breakfast, they asked for muffins so I tried out this recipe from the Bob's Red Mill flaxseed bag.  


I substituted 1/2 cup maple syrup and a banana for the brown sugar and left out the rasins, only because we didn't have any.  The boys gobbled them up, and so did I.  I highly recommend this healthy recipe.


With full bellies, we were ready to hit the park again for a play date with a friend.  The boys got adventurous with the rock wall and the "big boy swings"...



We ran back home, ready for lunch, and I impressed myself with my genius enchilada for one.  Why has it taken me so long to think of this??  It was yummy!


I spent nap time chatting with my momma and booking us a flight to Indiana for this summer.  Looking forward to visiting all kinds of family and showing the boys the windy city while we're at it.  

The boys woke up with just enough time for us to make it to happy hour...



All 3 of these beverages for $4...I'd say that is a very happy hour.  They told me mine's light...lol.  I'm kinda thinking they messed up...but it was DELICIOUS!  

With caffeine in my bloodstream and chocolate in the boys, we were ready to brave Wal-Mart.  I was hoping diapers would be super cheap there but they seem to be the same price there as they are anywhere else.  We did score some ibuprofen for 88 cents, some new shirts for the boys for only $2 each, some new bath sponges for 50 cents, and the people watching was priceless, as usual.  Don't get me wrong, I HATE Wal-Mart, but if you go in there with the right mindset, it can be quite entertaining...once or twice a year.

We finished out or day by inviting ourselves over to our neighbors house.  Thank goodness for friends who put up with us and are so easy to be friends with...and even feed us while we're there...and inspire us to make our own black bean burgers.  YUM!  They make the world a MUCH happier place!!!  

The highlight of my day, however, happened on our way home.  My little parrots kept repeating what I said about the wagon wheel over and over again the whole way home..."that darn wheel, that darn wheel, that darn wheel..."  Good thing I don't cure very often!

Time to see how much of this I can get through before I fall asleep...


...hard to be the 74 cent rental deal with the coupon from RedBox this weekend.  Score!!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment