Search This Blog

Friday, May 24, 2013

Crammin' In Some Fun Today

At the end of the day yesterday, I realized I hadn't spent much "fun time" with the boys and was feeling kinda bad about it.  This might have been the most excitement they had all day...


These little gems are at the place where they go to their play group.  Some of the moms got together for a deep-cleaning of all the toys in the room before we take the summer off and the boys lucky enough to get to come along with me for the task.  I never let them get on them because it's darn near impossible to get them off but I caved yesterday and they were pretty excited.  It's the little things...I think I should probably give in more often.  They were in heaven for those 3 minutes.  Now I just need to figure out a way to get them off the toys and into the car...

We swung by the grocery store and the gym yesterday too.  The boys made me these adorable flowers while I worked out...


We love our gym!  It's hard to get them to leave the play room there too...I need to work on that it seems...

We spent the rest of the day doing the produce thing.  We are finally restocked with yummy fruit and they boys already devoured a melon and two containers of strawberries.  I have to sneak my share before it's gone.  I never seem to order enough...

We tried out a FABULOUS recipe inspired by Budget Bytes' maple dijon chicken last night.   I just subbed pork chops for the chicken since that's what we had on hand...YUM!  Colton was especially with the bone which he kept telling me looked like an alligator...


I pretended to see what he was talking about...haha

We ended the evening with a wagon walk before a little downtime on the couch before bed...


They hardly ever watch TV so when I let them, they TOTALLY dig it!  I love their amazement at Curious George.

To make up for our somewhat lame day for the boys yesterday, we packed in extra fun today.  We kicked off our morning bright and early with a run that included a LONG stop at the park....


They are in love with this park and call it the wobbly bridge park.  I love that it's within running distance and has great shade and a waterfront breeze.


We've got quite the little climbers...


They're getting interested in learning some tree-climbing skills too... 


This was our turnaround point for our run...


Being the multi-tasker that I am, you know I had to squeeze in a stop to the bank and a trip to the library as well on our outing.  I love being able to get lots of things done on foot.  The boys had a great time with Miss Lisa at the Family Place...


We swung in the Fresh Market on our way home for some 2/$12 chickens...the good ones!  Needless to say, the boys passed out on the way home from all that fun...


We spent the rest of our afternoon poolside once they woke up...

The boys are a little scarred from swimming lessons but we worked our way from the baby pool to some fun in the big pool later.  We ended up having a lot of fun...thank goodness!


Time for some A/C and snacks before heading off to take care of some other errands this evening, including a stop by Red Box to pick up this movie...


If it has Matt Damon in it, it's gotta be good, right???  Looking forward to putting my feet up tonight.    We were beyond due for a day like this.  What a fun day!  Here's to hoping the fun continues all weekend long.  






No comments:

Post a Comment