Search This Blog

Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend Fun

We had a fantastic Memorial Day filled with lots of family fun.  The only thing missing was this guy....


We're so darn proud of him and can't wait til he's back home with us.

Our Saturday revolved around the 8th grade graduation of the boys' adopted big sister and the most inspiring, spiritual student I've ever worked with.


She's an amazing gal and we were so honored to be included in her celebrations...it was fun to get dressed up too.


The boys especially loved the psychedelic carpet at the party...


Sunday included a full day of play time and pool time.  We never even left the house....I actually think we were in our jammies til about 10.  It was GLORIOUS!!


After staying home all day Sunday, we were ready to get out again.  We hit the road running early in the morning for a stop at the park before the parade...


The parade was FULL of fun vehicles that the boys thoroughly enjoyed...


It was a great way to honor our Veterans and remember those who gave the ultimate sacrifice.  

We spent the rest of our morning poolside, enjoying the gorgeous weather.

I caught up on some reading during naptime and got to indulge in a little two hard break post-naptime, thanks to a friend who offered to come over and watch the boys so I could have a break.  I took care of my errands faster than I ever could have with the boys in tow and I'm certain the boys had more fun not having to be lugged around.  While I was out, I also indulged in a little treat...


You know me....I'm a sucker for those darn frappuccino lights. 

Once I got home, we had more fun outside...

 


The boys even pitched in with a little yard work.


We admired some of the flowers while we were out there too...


Look how big the boys look in their swings...it might be time for an upgrade...


We finally had to call it a day and go inside for dinner.  The boys have been doing quite a bit of pretend play lately.  Tonight featured Mason pretending to be a baby and Colton pretending to be the Daddy who had to feed his baby...it was pretty entertaining.


The boys are sleeping soundly and now it's my turn to call it a night.  Counting my blessings on this holiday that has become much more significant to our little family recently.  



No comments:

Post a Comment