Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Tuesday Rambling

Despite a dreary day yesterday, our afternoon was still filled with lots of fun.  We did some coloring...


...we played with the pegboard from Mimsy and Grandpa... 


...and we practiced with our new "taking turns" board...


Being a twin and sharing things, including your mommy, isn't easy but we're hoping this will help us.  There's velcro behind the pictures so we can swap places easily and they can look forward to the next time we have to take turns.  

The weather finally cleared and we were able to get in a quick walk with the wagon after dinner for a little moongazing...


It was a GORGEOUS night for a walk.  We stopped to take a look at our pineapple on the way back into the house.  It's getting close to being ready to eat...


We can't wait!  We just devoured an organic one from our produce share and loved every bite.  We tried out a yummy pineapple-ade recipe using the rinds as well.  It was a hit with the boys.  We just boiled the rinds in a pot of water for 10 minutes or so, then transferred it to the fridge to sit for about 24 hours before straining out the rinds and enjoying the juice.  I sweetened the boys with just a touch of honey.  YUM!  We'll never waste that rind again.

I'm trying to get back to my clean-eating ways, seems I'm always trying to do that doesn't it??  This morning's breakfast was quite yummy...


Coffee with cream (still trying to kick the half and half habit but can't find a satisfying substitute), oats with cinnamon and a chopped granny smith apple, and egg whites topped with lots of hot sauce.  It kept me satisfied all morning...for me that's the secret to sticking with my plan.  If I get too hungry, watch out!

For lunch I had a salad topped with beets, a little blue cheese, some grilled chicken, and homemade yogurt balsamic dressing.  After polishing off my salad, I was jonesin' for something sweet and indulged in a homemade protein bar that I was glad I had on hand.  I don't really measure the ingredients, but I made them by combining almond butter, cocoa powder, raw honey, oats, whey protein, and coconut oil.  Tastes like a cookie!  Speaking of protein powders, I finally found an organic one I like...


I got it on Amazon.  If you do subscribe and save it's even cheaper and gets delivered to my doorstep.  I do that with organic oats, flax, oat bran, quinoa, coconut oil, etc...the staples that don't need refrigeration.  What would I do without Amazon?  But enough on that...

After my breakfast, the boys finally woke up and we hit the road for story time.   Good thing the boys can eat en route and in their stroller.  (Hats off to working moms...I don't know how you get everyone out the door on time five days a week.  My boys love their sleep...)  Today's story time features were...


and


The story time attention span is pretty limited, especially on trash day and delivery day so we finished up with some extra bubble time.  I don't think anyone minded.  

We had some extra time to hang out with our friends for a bit afterwards.  We love "Baby" Morgan who's suddenly looking more like a toddler than a baby.  We need another baby friend...good thing they've got one on the way!


The boys made everyone's day with their sunglasses.  They love their accessories...boots, hats, sunglasses.  They even asked to wear their jackets this morning.  Silly boys!

We had a lovely time at our last music class for this session.  We already can't wait for August.  Those boys may not sing much in class but they're absorbing all of Miss Rabe's lessons. Check out last night's jam session...


They serenade me multiple times each day.  Now Bob and Sam can enjoy it too.  Maybe they'll learn to swim to the music.

We're counting down the hours til Abigail gets here....less than 70 hours to go!!  I am SOOOO ready for her company.   Time to tackle some chores in the mean time...those clothes won't fold themselves.   I'm hoping to squeeze in a quick workout after nap time and maybe a trip to the park too.  It's surprisingly nice outside and I feel like we should take advantage of it. 














No comments:

Post a Comment