Search This Blog

Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Past 48 Fun Hours

We have thoroughly enjoyed our last 48 hours.  We've taken multiple trips to the park...


These guys are old pro at the slides now!


Check out their tunnel skills too.  


Peek a boo!  Can you guess who's who??

Lots of time outside makes for very happy Plankers...

Mason

Colton

Poor Sam-the-fish passed away after being with our family only 5 days but thanks to Petco's fish return policy, he was quickly replaced with a new fish who also goes by "Sam."  (I was relieved to find out that my water was fine, which means it's not my fault he croaked...phew!)  Isn't he pretty??


It's hard to get a good picture of him cause he never stops moving which is why we adopted him--he never stops moving, just like us.  Hope that trend continues...

We also paid a visit to the fabulous Blake library...


I'm sure we'll be spending lots of time there this summer--A/C, books, puzzles, and it's FREE!  What's not to love??  I wonder if they have a summer reading program for 2 year olds???

We also did some work in the kitchen today.  I made some DELICIOUS cranberry walnut bread using a super-easy, super-delicious recipe from Budget Bytes (thanks, Jenni, for the recommendation)...


...while Colton practiced his "baking skills" with play-doh...


Today was one of the rare occasions where the boys didn't take their naps at the same time so I got to spend some one-on-one time with each of them.  I love those rare opportunities.  

Mason was a fan of his new brain game...aka Tangrams...


I'm making it my mission to stimulate their brains as much as possible.  Any other good ideas out there??  We're loving this challenge so far...

Speaking of challenging, I've been challenging myself pretty good at the gym the last couple of days.  I did a FANTASTICALLY intense legs workout yesterday coupled with a 5+ mile run.  Here's what my workout looked like.  It was killer, in a good way, and will definitely be happening again soon...


Today we did a 4 mile stroller run and I also did some quarter-mile elliptical intervals paired with shoulder exercises and finished it all off with 100 elevated push-ups.   One day maybe my core will be healed and I'll be allowed to do the real deal when it comes to push-ups, but for now 100 of the elevated ones at the end of a workout is just fine :-)  

We finished off the day with a nice dinner out with "Aunt" Sheryl and "Uncle" Tom.  The boys thoroughly enjoyed their french fries and "chicken with bones" aka chicken wings aka Daddy's favorite foods.  Like father like sons...


Mason really had a case of the sillies for a bit.  We don't get out much...lol.

Speaking of silly, they thought this was pretty silly today too...


They spent a good 15 minutes falling off their chairs on purpose and then laughing about it.  Boys...

We can't wait for Abigail to get here tomorrow.  I'm pretty sure there are many more silly moments in our very near future.  Hope she's ready...cause we are!!!!!

On a completely different note, I read this blog on parenting a wild child tonight and found it to be very insightful. I recommend it if you sometimes feel like you're pulling your hair out raising your children, like I am many times. Check it out...

SOURCE
















No comments:

Post a Comment