Search This Blog

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Long Trains, Some Waterfest Fun, and A Couple of Tunes

The beautiful weather returned so we took full advantage of it today and ended up having such a fun day!  We started off with a lazy morning, playing with trains inside...

Working hard to make the longest train possible. 


Then we headed outside to eat our breakfast by the pool while chatting with Mickey.  We LOVE opportunities to catch up with him and are SOOO grateful for FaceTime.  I don't know how we'd survive without it.

After breakfast, we loaded up the stroller and hit the road running.  Our first destination was the gym, where I cranked out 30 minutes of tabata training which means I did each one for 4 minutes using a pattern of 20 seconds of all-out work followed by 10 seconds rest until the 4 minutes are up.  I love using the tabata timer app so I don't have to watch the clock.  It beeps to let me know what to do and as long as the gym isn't busy, it works perfectly for me.  I used the following exercises today...


I love tabata training.  The time flies, my heart gets pumping, and it keeps my interest...way more exciting than the treadmill for sure!


With my workout out of the way, the rest of the day was back to being dedicated to family time.  Our next stop was the park for Waterfest.  

I hesitated about going but am so glad I decided to just go check it out.  There was some great stuff for the boys like owls and birds...



...we all know they're animal-lovers.  They could have looked at the birds all day.  

There was also a bounce house which they finally worked up the nerve to check out but then decided quickly decided they weren't up for the challenge...


These are terrible photos but I had to act fast to capture their first experience inside the bounce house.  They quickly decided that they wanted nothing to do with it...don't know where they get that from?!?!


Have you guys seen this video??  After seeing this a year or so ago, I decided I would never have a bounce house at a birthday party...scary stuff!


I don't care if my boys ever like those darn things!  Crazy!

Our favorite park of Waterfest was the fantastic pirate storyteller/musician.  She was captivating and had crowds around her the whole time...


She definitely kept the boys' attention and it was hard to get them to leave. They've been talking about her all afternoon.  I think they have a crush on her!  There were also lots of other various booths, many with activities too advanced for the boys, but really cool stuff nonetheless, all about water conservation and the environment.  I'm pretty sure this is an annual event and if it is, we will definitely be joining in on the fun again next year.  If you're local, you should too!

After Waterfest, it was time to head home for lunch.  I ran to try to get home as quickly as possible to avoid the boys falling asleep but I only succeeded in that department with one of them...


Colton conked out and ended up taking his entire nap in the stroller while Mason played with his long trains all around him...




I never did end up convincing Mason to take a nap but I was kind of enjoying the one-on-one time with him so I didn't really try to hard either.  It's a rare opportunity that I can give my undivided attention to just one of the boys so I seized the moment hoping I wouldn't regret it later.  

My new juicer is so quiet that I was able to make myself this lovely kale lemonade with Colton sleeping right there in the room and he didn't even stir.  The omega vert ROCKS!


Kale, lemon, apple, and a little ginger--delish!!!

The rest of our day was very low key, a little playing outside, a little more train time, and a yummy steak dinner inspired by our low iron levels.  Gotta love a good excuse for a yummy steak--grass fed and super lean with LOTS of garlic, of course!  My typical veggie lover couldn't get enough of the meat...


...while my typically meat-loving boy only wanted "trees" aka asparagus for dinner...

I'm telling you, they trade personalities ALL THE TIME!  Just when I think I've figured them out, they throw a curveball at me.  Keeps me on my toes for sure!!

We finished up dinner with a little singalong...hope it entertains you as much as it did me.  I think my kids are the best!!!


Time to put on my jammies and snuggle up with my book...










No comments:

Post a Comment